mace-opensaml-users - RE: help

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: help

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: help
  • Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 02:05:38 -0500

Redirecting to mace-opensaml-users list:

>I am a student and I want to do SAML implementation as my master's
project.
>Can you tell me what is the current status of OpenSAML and what
>improvements can be done in it.

If 1.0 is a release, the status is probably roughly 0.8 on the C++ side,
and 0.6 on the Java side.

There're a few missing pieces, some of which I have code from others to
fill, and the Java API is fairly in flux. It's missing features I've
added to the C++ API, and I'm still debating the whole interface vs.
class thing.

There's a long list of interesting things to work on, but that list is
mostly in my head. The biggest problem area in both is the digital
signature code. The Java stuff needs to be more abstracted than it is,
and the C++ stuff is only partly working. Neither is really correct yet.

IMHO, I don't think SAML is so big that I'd call just implementing it a
master's project. What's been done by me is not an enormous volume of
work, frankly. It would be a lot more done if I was full time or if I'd
not been spending time on Shibboleth.