mace-opensaml-users - RE: 2 issues with opensaml compilation

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: 2 issues with opensaml compilation

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'James Shvarts' <>,
  • Subject: RE: 2 issues with opensaml compilation
  • Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 13:36:26 -0400

> I got the following messages trying to compile it (note, the
> code that appeared before SAMLConfig.cpp compiled fine). My
environment
> is Solaris 2.9 and the compiler is gcc-3.2 g++
>
> There are basically two problems:
> 1) log4cpp is not present in this distrbution
> 2) saml/SAMLConfig.cpp:154: ISO C++ forbids declaration of
> `curl_global_cleanup' with no type

I think the second error is probably a compiler thing, because I haven't
moved any build hosts up to 3.2 yet, mostly because I don't grok Linux
packaging yet (as in I'm afraid of breaking the whole box if I update
gcc) and we're still using Forte C++ on Sun for the moment.

OTOH, the libcurl author probably wouldn't mind a note on whatever this
bug is, since he does support C++ users.

The log4cpp is definitely true, but from a source standpoint, I don't
think we're going to include any of the other packages either. When we
put the autoconf stuff in, it will probably ask you to point it at
libcurl, OpenSSL, Xerces, etc.

You can grab it from http://log4cpp.sourceforge.net/

We're using the latest development tree.