layer3communitygroup - Re: Fwd: Layer 3 Community Group: Endorsement of Report last call

Subject: NAOPpag Subcommittee

Re: Fwd: Layer 3 Community Group: Endorsement of Report last call

  • From: Michael Sinatra <>
  • To: Linda Roos <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: Fwd: Layer 3 Community Group: Endorsement of Report last call
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 15:41:00 -0700

I looked at the document that Chris Robb sent out this week. I endorse
and support that document, with the following comment, speaking as an
individual member of the Future Peering Committee:

"I wholeheartedly support Internet2's efforts at creating a virtual
separation of TRCPS and R&E traffic, to replace the current physical
separation, and I believe this is consistent with the Future Peering
Committee's vision. I also believe that the Internet2 and IU
engineering staff have the flexibility to maintain a physical
separation, where the marginal costs versus marginal benefits do not
merit virtualization of a particular component. I do not interpret the
vision of the Future Peering Committee as mandating virtualization for
its own sake, but rather as suggesting virtualiztion as a cost-saving
measure to be implemented at the discretion of the relevant Internet2
engineering staff. I believe the current report is consistent with this
interpretation."

thanks!
michael