k20innovators - remote instrumentation demonstration

Subject: Remote Instrumentation & Data Visualizations Working Group

remote instrumentation demonstration

  • From: Kim Owen <>
  • To:
  • Subject: remote instrumentation demonstration
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 11:11:24 -0500

HI all - thought this might be something we could add to our archive of
individual state/regional network activities… we hosted our state Legislative
IT Committee meeting here on campus yesterday and had several demonstrations
of different apps that are currently being used across K20. Among those the
media picked up on was the remote instrument access to our microscopy lab.
And - the fact that the school we had them connect to is one of our most
rural and yet still connected via our state network was a nice piece to
showcase to our Legislators as well -

http://www.boston.com/business/technology/articles/2010/06/30/supporters_tout_broadband_network_for_researchers/

just passing it along in the event it's useful -

KO
Kim Owen
Advanced Applications Coordinator
Information Technology Services
North Dakota State University

(desk) 701/231.9522
(cell) 701/490.1481

www.ndsu.edu

  • remote instrumentation demonstration, Kim Owen, 06/30/2010