k20innovators - feedback on survey questions

Subject: Remote Instrumentation & Data Visualizations Working Group

feedback on survey questions

  • From: James Werle <>
  • To:
  • Subject: feedback on survey questions
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 08:57:07 -0800

Team,

Based upon our conversation yesterday, I've developed a first cut at a
set of RI survey questions for everyone to review and provide
feedback.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dHdWWlZJSFpzWEZIMGszSXhnazNRY1E6MA

The survey instrument is tied directly to a google spreadsheet. Thus,
when someone submits a survey response their answers are deposited
directly into the google spreadsheet. The idea here is we'd send the
survey out in advance to the list of contacts we develop. They
provide some initial background information which we can review. We
then schedule 1 hour phone or VC conversations with these individuals
to ask clarifying questions and fill in any blanks from the survey.
The survey is designed to better understand the following: 1) the
nature of the instrument/resource and its' current user base 2)
technical requirements for access and 3) what are the issues
surrounding extending access to I2 enabled K-20 organizations.

As we are interviewing the key contacts we can record our additional
notes directly into the spreadsheet under the appropriate cell.

Each of you should have received an email invite to view the
spreadsheet. Click on the link in the email to view the spreadsheet.
Note this spreadsheet is password protected thus requiring you to
login with your google account. if you don't have a google account
you can create one by clicking on the "create a google account" in the
lower right corner of the screen. Be sure to use the email address
that you received the spreadsheet invite. Let me know if you have
trouble accessing the spreadsheet.

Before we start sending out the survey I'd like to make sure everyone
is happy with how the questions are phrased, etc. Please send your
feedback by next Friday 1/15. Google spreadsheet creates backups
every time the spreadsheet/survey form is changed so we have effective
version control.

thanks!
James