k20innovators - Re: google doc instead of wiki for our resource/contact list?

Subject: Remote Instrumentation & Data Visualizations Working Group

Re: google doc instead of wiki for our resource/contact list?

  • From: "Gerri Maglia" <>
  • To: "James Werle" <>, <>
  • Subject: Re: google doc instead of wiki for our resource/contact list?
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 11:55:07 -0600

Hi James

Sounds like a good idea. I have a google account just with my regular work
email account, so it should work when you add me to the google doc.

>>> James Werle
>>> <>
>>> 1/7/2010 11:36 AM >>>
All,

Per our call, I just went into the wiki to restrict access to the page
listing RI resources. I discovered not everyone has a wiki account.
Made me wonder if maybe we'd be better served using something else.
Given that we're going to want to sort the list, potentially edit
simultaneously, and probably eventually put this info in some kind of
database, it might make more sense to dump our information into a
google spreadsheet rather than the wiki. We can export the list to an
excel spreadsheet or cvs file if we want and the data will just be
more malleable in a google spreadsheet than the wiki. We can also
restrict access way more easily.

Thoughts? Anyone apposed to this? If you have a gmail account,
please send me your address and I'll get it set up?

Let me know what you think.

thanks,
James

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email & attached documents may contain
confidential information. All information is intended only for the use of the
named recipient. If you are not the named recipient, you are not authorized
to read, disclose, copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on the
information and any action other than immediate delivery to the named
recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error,
do not read the information and please immediately notify sender by telephone
to arrange for a return of the original documents. If you are the named
recipient you are not authorized to reveal any of this information to any
other unauthorized person. If you did not receive all pages listed or if
pages are not legible, please immediately notify sender by phone.