k20innovators - RE: help

Subject: Remote Instrumentation & Data Visualizations Working Group

RE: help

  • From: "Gross, Daniel" <>
  • To: "Jordan Crittenden" <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: RE: help
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 10:53:58 -0600

Hi Jordan!

Actually – you ARE in the right place! J and the folks here tend to be the ones who facilitate for the K12 schools, although not necessarily IN the K12 schools. But this is also the same group that deals with Higher Eds that are not research institutions, museums, libraries and healthcare.

I don’t know how to help filter out some of the higher ed talk, but we can discuss it at the executive level to see if we do need to figure out how to further split the list.

At this point we don’t have a good announcements only method – but you should be noting programming related to even K-8 Internet2 use on the K20-advise list. For example, the Christmas Tree Ship programs were posted here, as were the many great Magpie programs – most of which require I2 connectivity to participate.

Give us a chance to discuss this a bit. We’ll brainstorm, and get something back to you directly, or through the list. If it does work for you, then just let us know and we can drop you from the list.

BTW: You may be interested in joining Muse (k20.internet2.edu) and looking over the database of programs there. Indicate that you are looking for K5 partnerships and programs.

Thanks for your contact!

Dan

Daniel Gross, Director

Southeastern Wisconsin Instructional Network Group (SWING)

380 McCanna Parkway Burlington, WI 53105

www.swing.k12.wi.us

preferred: (414) 455-7488     desk: (262) 767-5312

fax: (262) 767-5313            mobile: (262) 359-0907

email:

follow me on Plurk: Vdub144

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dangross

"I used to be a Bear, and a good ole Bear too..." C48-07, DL/BALOO/PT SEWIS P324!

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared - Buddha