Subject: Remote Instrumentation & Data Visualizations Working Group
5 Yr Anniversary of Megaconference Jr. - Save the Date and Call for Participation in Committees
- From: Jennifer Oxenford <>
- To: ,
- Subject: 5 Yr Anniversary of Megaconference Jr. - Save the Date and Call for Participation in Committees
- Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 13:57:18 -0400
[Apologies for cross-postings...]
Mark Your Calendars Now - Megaconference Jr. celebrating its 5th Year this February 21, 2008!
Join the Planning of Megaconference Jr. 2008 - Committees Forming Soon
The NEW date for Megaconference Jr. 2008 has been set for February 21, 2008, and planning committees need your help to make the 5th Anniversary Megaconference Jr. event even more of a success than the previous four years' events. This year there will also be several new additions to the event which will give participants the opportunity for even more interaction leading up to the event itself. New this year will be a Virtual Battle of the Bands where musical groups will audition to be part of the grand finale based on the highest number of votes from the international community.
Elementary and secondary (K-12) teachers and students from around the world are needed now to work on the five planning committees listed below. Participation in a committee will provide the opportunity to engage in regular virtual communications with international team members towards organizing and completing committee goals.
Volunteers are needed in several areas. Please distribute this call for participation widely in your communities.
• Develop and disseminate technical participation requirements
• Determine possible number of participating sites per timeframe and types of connections
• Assemble and distribute technical troubleshooting guidelines
• Coordinate video streaming and archiving of the event
• Coordinate network testing and troubleshooting
• Conduct technical tests with registered sites around the world
• Coordinate chat room(s) for technical support
To join the Technical Committee, please contact: Sue Rutkofske at .
• Select the theme for this year's event
• Define the event schedule format and structure
• Create request for presentation proposals
• Manage program/content related issues and questions
• Monitor, select and notify presenters and interactive participants
• Coordinate Megaconference Jr. cafes and "open" discussion times
• Assist with dress rehearsals
To join the Program Committee, please contact: Kim Breuninger at .
VideoJockey (VJ) Committee
• Draft Call for VJ Participation
• Oversee VJ auditions and selection of final event VJs
• Manage communication with international VJ team
• Coordinate VJ schedule and script
• Attend and coordinate VJ rehearsals
• Work with vendor community to obtain support for VJ activities
To join the VJ Committee, please contact: Kathy Kraemer at .
Virtual Battle of the Bands Committee
• Draft Virtual Battle of the Bands announcement
• Oversee Virtual Battle of the Bands auditions
• Coordinate Virtual Battle of the Bands voting process
• Manage communication with Virtual Battle of the Bands International Team
• Attend and coordinate Virtual Battle of the Band rehearsals
• Coordinate Virtual Battle of the Bands performance schedule
To join the Virtual Battle of the Bands Committee, please contact: Megan Troyer at .
• Develop planning event timetable and schedule
• Create event promotional materials
• Manage event outreach and insure adequate knowledge of event and participation
• Develop/maintain event website, blog, and other electronic communications
• Investigate multi-lingual capabilities
• Solicit and obtain corporate sponsorship
To join the Communications Committee, please contact: Jennifer Oxenford at .
Megaconference Jr. 2008 Planning Timeline:
• Planning Committees Operating: by September 10, 2007
• Call for Proposals Out: by September 24, 2007
• Presentation and Activity Proposals due: October 19, 2007
• Event Registration Open: November 5, 2007
• Technical Testing with Presenters/VJs: Starting November 12, 2007
• Presenter Dress Rehearsals: Starting November 19, 2007
• Megaconference Jr. Event: February 21, 2008
Thanks and see you on February 21, 2008!!
Associate Director, MAGPI
- 5 Yr Anniversary of Megaconference Jr. - Save the Date and Call for Participation in Committees, Jennifer Oxenford, 07/13/2007
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.