k20innovators - Fwd: Uganda, Desmond Tutu, Burma

Subject: Remote Instrumentation & Data Visualizations Working Group

Fwd: Uganda, Desmond Tutu, Burma

  • From: Jennifer Oxenford <>
  • To: ,
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Fwd: Uganda, Desmond Tutu, Burma
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 09:48:49 -0400

Folks,

Please help distribute the information below from the Global Nomads Group regarding some outstanding free programs this May.

Best,
Jennifer

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Global Nomads Group" <>
Date: May 2, 2007 4:44:22 PM EDT
Subject: Uganda, Desmond Tutu, Burma

As we approach the end of the school year, we at GNG are saving the best for last. Here are our FREE programs coming up in May:

1. PROJECT UGANDA – Free, Courtesy of Polycom
While Uganda is one of Eastern Africa’s most beautiful countries, it is also a land of suffering and conflict. In this program, students will explore Ugandan culture, examine the challenges youth face living in a conflict zone and learn how they can be Agents of Change, by supporting their hosts’ communities.

When: Monday, May 21 through Friday, May 25.
Times: 9 am | 11 am EST
Contact David Macquart at to sign up.

2. DESMOND TUTU – MAY 7th
In this final chapter of the CURRENTS 2007 program (Religions of the World), the Archbishop Desmond Tutu will address students through videoconferencing on the importance of dialogue, being vehicles of change, and working together to make the world a better place.

When: Monday, May 7th
Time: 3 pm EST
Note: this program is available to CURRENTS participants only.

3. HUMAN RIGHTS IN BURMA – May 15th
Guest speaker Cristina Moon will speak about her work with the U.S. Campaign for Burma to help draw attention to the human rights disaster in eastern Burma (now Myanmar), where over 3,000 villages have been burned or relocated by the ruling military regime in the past decade. Cristina will answer questions about her work, engage students on the human rights situation in Burma and speak about what young people can do to change things.

When: Tuesday, May 15
Time: 11 am | 1 pm EST
Learn more about Cristina:
Contact David Macquart at to sign up.

Our address:
381 Broadway, 4th floor | New York, New York 10013

Email list management powered by http://MailerMailer.com

--
Jennifer Oxenford
Associate Director, MAGPI

www.magpi.net
215-74MAGPI (215-746-2474)

  • Fwd: Uganda, Desmond Tutu, Burma, Jennifer Oxenford, 05/03/2007