k20innovators - The Arts and Living 10/3 VC Event

Subject: Remote Instrumentation & Data Visualizations Working Group

The Arts and Living 10/3 VC Event

  • From: Jennifer Oxenford <>
  • To: ,
  • Cc: ,
  • Subject: The Arts and Living 10/3 VC Event
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 16:24:10 -0400

Saint Francis University is proud to announce an interactive videoconference entitled “The Arts and Living” on October 3, 2006 from 3-4 PM EDT. As part of Saint Francis University’s annual “Day of Refection,” this session will explore the idea of including the arts into delay life, regardless of one’s vocation. Our panel of internationally-acclaimed artists will include Bill Deasy (singer/songwriter, published author, and former member of The Gathering Field), Chuck Olson (painter, professor, and Chair of Saint Francis University Fine Arts Department), Greg Joseph (singer/songwriter, graphic artist, and founding member of The Clarks), and Jim Donovan (musician, drumming advocate, and founding member of Rusted Root).

In an informal, conversational setting, our panel will address the challenges of designing a life that allows a place for creative, hands-on expression on a regular basis. Subjects of discussion will include: self-motivation, the need for creative “space,” finding consistent rehearsal time, financial concerns, and finding an audience for creative outlets. This interactive video session will also allow ample time for questions and discussion with our local and online audiences.

Saint Francis University’s “Day of Reflection” is an opportunity for our academic community to depart normal daily obligations in order to spend time in contemplation. This annual event includes seminars, performances, and activities which foster consideration of art, spirituality, social causes, and a greater awareness of the world which surrounds us. This year’s “Arts and Living” seminar represents the first time that a Day of Reflection event will be available in real-time to an Internet2 audience.

This session will be available free of charge and will use the Internet2 Commons. Preregistration is required NO LATER than September 27. To register, or for more information, please contact Jim Donovan at .

--
Jennifer Oxenford
Associate Director, MAGPI

phone: 215.898.0341
cell: 267.322.0036
fax: 215.898.9348

www.magpi.net
215-74MAGPI (215-746-2474)

  • The Arts and Living 10/3 VC Event, Jennifer Oxenford, 09/20/2006