k20innovators - Global Nomads Group Mozambique Live Webcasts

Subject: Remote Instrumentation & Data Visualizations Working Group

Global Nomads Group Mozambique Live Webcasts

  • From: Jennifer Oxenford <>
  • To: ,
  • Subject: Global Nomads Group Mozambique Live Webcasts
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 23:19:22 -0500

Colleagues,

Please help us distribute this exciting announcement about the Global Nomads Group's Mozambique FREE Live webcast events to anyone you think might be interested in your areas.

Best,
Jennifer

-----------
Through a partnership between Global Nomads Group, MAGPI, NJEDge.Net, and the Internet2 Commons, we are excited to announce that the Mozambique Alive series of nine videoconferences will be available via live webstream for FREE.

Mozambique Alive is a live interactive educational program that will bring the world's youth face-to-face during March and April of 2006 to discuss and learn about their respective cultures. Students will delve into issues such as:

Culture and Beauty: we will explore Mozambique through local food, music, dancing, world cultural sites and wildlife.
History: we will look at Mozambique since its independence, addressing issues such as the civil war.
Current Issues:  we will host discussions around gender issues.

Students in the US and Mozambique will travel on an educational journey, teaching and learning together. A series of classroom-to-classroom and remote broadcast conferences (with experts speaking from remote onsite locations) will provide a collaborative global education experience.

Complete information about Global Nomads Group, Mozambique Alive program, please see:
http://www.gng.org/mozambique/index.html

To access the live webstream of this event:
  1) Go to http://commonsvcg.oar.net/Internet2
  2) Under Live Streams, click on "Mozambique Alive." (You should be able to view the live stream in either Windows Media or Quicktime.)

Each of the nine broadcasts will also be archived and available at http://commonsvcg.oar.net/Internet2 for three weeks after the live broadcast.

--
Jennifer Oxenford
Associate Director, MAGPI

phone: 215.898.0341
cell: 267.322.0036
fax: 215.898.9348

www.magpi.net
215-74MAGPI (215-746-2474)

  • Global Nomads Group Mozambique Live Webcasts, Jennifer Oxenford, 03/22/2006