Subject: Remote Instrumentation & Data Visualizations Working Group
- From: Jennifer MacDougall <>
- To: ,
- Subject: NECC Internet2 K20 Initiative Session at NECC
- Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 13:40:49 -0400
As I mentioned at the Spring MM in Arlington last month and also on the last K20 Advisory Call, James Werle and I will presenting on Internet2 and the K20 Initiative at the upcoming NECC conference in Philadelphia this June. The day/time for our session is Wednesday June 29, 2005 from 12:30-1:30pm EDT. It's called "The Internet2 K-20 Initiative: Connecting Classrooms to Engage the World " And, here's our thinking on how to organize the session:
- Intro/Overview I2 and K20 Initiative (5 mins)
- K20 Applications Tour using demos/examples (20 mins)
- K20 MiniPanel Hear Direct what's happening across the country (25 mins)
- How to Get Started/My K20 (5 mins)
- Q&A (5 mins)
We'd like to invite any of you who are not going to be on-site to join us remotely using H.323 videoconferencing. If you would like to be a remote speaker in the mini-panel, please get in touch with me asap but no later than 6/15 with your interest, IP
address and tech contact info.
Also, if you will be on-site at NECC and would like to join us live in the mini-panel, please let me know and I will be sure to have enough chairs at the front table for those of us on-site.
Finally, Kim Owen from North Dakota suggested we create a 1 page handout with K20 Initiative contacts for each state (great idea, Kim!!) I will be happy to put this together and make copies for distribution so if you are not listed at http://k20.internet2.edu/advise/members.php but would like to be listed on the handout, please let me know.
MAGPI Applications Coordinator
- NECC Internet2 K20 Initiative Session at NECC, Jennifer MacDougall, 06/03/2005
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.