k20innovators - The Franklin Institute Focus Group

Subject: Remote Instrumentation & Data Visualizations Working Group

The Franklin Institute Focus Group

  • From: Jennifer MacDougall <>
  • To:
  • Subject: The Franklin Institute Focus Group
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 15:09:45 -0500

K20 Innovators,

The Franklin Institute Science Center located here in Philadelphia will host a 2-day NASA Explorer Institute Focus Group (http://www.fi.edu/nasa/) looking at how informal science institutions can use the web and Internet2 to connect K-6 educators with NASA's earth and space science resources. The Franklin Institute Explorer Institute Focus Group proposal was 1 of 11 proposals selected for funding out of 55 submitted and was the only one with an Internet2 component (http://education.nasa.gov/divisions/informal/overview/ nei_focus_groups_1204.html). As a partner with them in this work, we'll be giving a presentation overview on Internet2 and K20 tomorrow morning starting around 10:30 am eastern and bringing in a few remote speakers to briefly comment on Internet2 use in K-12 communities in their areas (thank you, Scott Bryan!!)

If any of you would like to be involved by joining us remotely, please let me know. I'd love to bring you in for a very informal quick update on any Internet2 K-6 related past or planned that you might like to highlight to this group which will include NASA representatives.

Apologies for the extremely short notice, but if you're interested, please give me an IP address to bring you in, a phone number to reach you, and let me know whether you're available for a quick connection test between 8-8:45am tomorrow 2/3.

I'll also be sure to keep you up to date on this activity as it progresses.

Best,
Jennifer

--
Jennifer MacDougall
MAGPI Applications Coordinator

phone: 215.898.0341
fax: 215.898.9348

www.magpi.net
215-74MAGPI (215-746-2474)

  • The Franklin Institute Focus Group, Jennifer MacDougall, 02/02/2005