k20innovators - Re: Lewis and Clark and JASON: setting up partners

Subject: Remote Instrumentation & Data Visualizations Working Group

Re: Lewis and Clark and JASON: setting up partners

  • From: Jennifer MacDougall <>
  • To: George Loftus <>
  • Cc: , ,
  • Subject: Re: Lewis and Clark and JASON: setting up partners
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 14:26:38 -0500

Folks,

I'm about to hit send on a call out to my K12 liaisons to
engage a few innovative teachers from both NJ and PA for
this effort and wondered if we'd gotten a sense of target
grades/ages yet?

Also, is anyone doing something over I2 for GIS Day on Nov 19th?
I'd like to get our IUs involved in something for this
and have contacted the Exploratorium in CA to see if they're
offering anything. Will keep you posted if I hear of anything
interesting.

Best,
Jennifer

George Loftus wrote:

Kathy,

This looks like a great outline for how we might proceed with this effort. I agree that this model would also work well for us on the Virtual Argonauts Project ( and perhaps several others like the I2 Book club as well).

I have copied Pam Christman and Kathy D'Aguanno of RINET on this reply, as it is Kathy who approached me with a teacher identified as "raring to go". Perhaps Pam or Kathy can let me know the grade level of this teacher so we can start to set the stage for what grade level(s) we will target first.

Sounds like this list of innovators is eager to innovate! So what do we call this effort "Virtual Merriwether?" or "Virtual Explorers?" ;-).