ivclibrarians - Join us for a LIVE WEBSTREAM: Alex's Virtual Lemonade Stand Kick-Off TODAY 5/8 at 11am EDT

Subject: K-20 librarians interactive video conferencing

Join us for a LIVE WEBSTREAM: Alex's Virtual Lemonade Stand Kick-Off TODAY 5/8 at 11am EDT

  • From: Jennifer Oxenford <>
  • To: "" <>, "" <>, "" <>, "" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Join us for a LIVE WEBSTREAM: Alex's Virtual Lemonade Stand Kick-Off TODAY 5/8 at 11am EDT
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 14:05:25 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Dear Colleagues,

[Apologies for cross-postings…]

Please join schools around the world virtually TODAY Thursday May 8th from 11am -12pm EDT for the MAGPI Alex's Virtual Lemonade Stand Kick-Off event!! 12 schools from across the country and even as far as Taiwan will be connecting for our virtual "spirit-really" and a live reading of Alex and the Amazing Lemonade Stand by Liz Scott, Alex Scott's mother, as we begin our incredible two week journey of raising funds and awareness for Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation.

For the past eight years, schools have been coming together through H.323 videoconference for this two-week service learning project to hold lemonade stands in their own communities. Together we have raised thousands of dollars each year to help end childhood cancers worldwide!

Schools and individuals anywhere in the world can join us remotely for the kick-off today via the free LIVE Webstream. To view the live webstream simply go to: http://video.magpi.net and click on "Live Streams." And follow along on twitter using hashtag #avls2014, too. For more information about the program see

About Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation
Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation is a national organization with Greater Philadelphia roots. The organization grew out of the front yard lemonade stand started by Alexandra “Alex” Scott, a pediatric cancer patient. In 2000, at the age of four, Alex opened her first annual lemonade stand with high hopes of raising money for pediatric cancer causes. Every year thereafter, Alex held an annual lemonade stand in her Pennsylvania front yard and inspired others to donate money to her cause. For more information: http://www.alexslemonade.org

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!!
Donate today at the MAGPI Alex's Virtual Lemonade Stand Campaign page to help make a difference!

--
Jennifer Oxenford
Manager, Member Relations & Communications

484-604-0831 (google voice)
215-898-0341 (office)

215-74MAGPI (215-746-2474)

  • Join us for a LIVE WEBSTREAM: Alex's Virtual Lemonade Stand Kick-Off TODAY 5/8 at 11am EDT, Jennifer Oxenford, 05/08/2014