ivclibrarians - The Knowledge Beyond

Subject: K-20 librarians interactive video conferencing

The Knowledge Beyond

  • From: Anika Trahan <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Cc: Anika Trahan <>
  • Subject: The Knowledge Beyond
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 21:56:47 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Greetings from MAGPI, IVC Librarians!

I'm Anika Trahan, Manager of Educational Services at MAGPI.

I wanted to extend to you all a personal invitation to join us for a new program which is part of a new series that we have titled The Knowledge Beyond

Geared toward library professionals, educators, and community members, The Knowledge Beyond series explores the resources, information and opportunities for which libraries are essential. Experts and advocates from regional, national and international organizations share their expertise—in a palatable, roundtable format—on a variety topics that libraries promote, including media transliteracies, civic- and social discourses, health-and-wellness initiatives and, of course, BOOKS!

The first program will feature Africa Access—a collective of African studies scholars who review children's books on Africa—founded in 1989 by Brenda Randolph, a now-retired middle school librarian in Montgomery County, MD.

Please join us!

  • The Knowledge Beyond, Anika Trahan, 08/21/2013