ivclibrarians - Fwd: [WiscNet Wire] Invitation to Forecasting Next Generation Libraries Conference

Subject: K-20 librarians interactive video conferencing

Fwd: [WiscNet Wire] Invitation to Forecasting Next Generation Libraries Conference

  • From: Jennifer Oxenford <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Fwd: [WiscNet Wire] Invitation to Forecasting Next Generation Libraries Conference
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 12:47:58 -0400

Hi All,

FYI - Saw this come through my inbox this am and thought it might be of interest to some on this list.

Best,
Jennifer

Begin forwarded message:

From: John Pederson <>
Date: May 30, 2013 9:28:59 AM EDT
To: Jennifer <>

Is this email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.
WiscNet Wire Banner

Forecasting Next Generation Libraries Conference

You are invited to our virtual conference in July and August on the future of libraries.  National speakers and panels, $25 fee and NO travel! The Forecasting Next Generation Libraries conference is now open for registration.

How can we predict and prepare for the next two decades of academic librarianship? What resources and services will college and university libraries provide in 2033? We propose to use a course-ference, a new model that combines the best of the conference experience with the value of an on-line course. We'll mix synchronous and asynchronous presentations with collaborative learning to provide both a broader and deeper exploration for forecasting the next 20 years in academic librarianship.

Using a scenario-building framework developed by consultant Josh Morrill, we'll explore our current and future scenarios. Each week we'll hear from a different panel of experts who will talk about their fields: Publishing, Higher Education, Student learning, Libraries, and Technology. Libraries are part of a larger educational ecosystem and this conference allows attendees to explore each of those parts as they consider their own future.

Speakers include Bryan Alexander of NITLE, Eileen Mackevich of the Abraham Lincoln Library and Museum, author Michael Nielsen, Tip House of OCLC, tech guru Mary Spio, Eli Neiburger, and other recognized experts.

This conference lasts July 1-August 19 and is entirely virtual with opportunities for live interaction. Registration is $25/person. Please visit our web site to register and better understand this unique conference model: http://nextgenlibraries.org/

For more information, contact:

Carol Sabbar
Director of Information Services
Carthage College
262-551-5789

John Pederson
Educational Technology Liaison
http://www.wiscnet.net
740 Regent Street
Madison, Wisconsin 53715

--Jennifer Oxenford
Manager, Member Relations & Communications
MAGPI
Twitter - @magpik20
484-604-0831 (google voice)
215-898-0341 (office)

215-74MAGPI (215-746-2474)

  • Fwd: [WiscNet Wire] Invitation to Forecasting Next Generation Libraries Conference, Jennifer Oxenford, 06/17/2013