ivclibrarians - LIVE WEBSTREAM: Alex's Virtual Lemonade Stand 2013 Celebration/Wrap-Up

Subject: K-20 librarians interactive video conferencing

LIVE WEBSTREAM: Alex's Virtual Lemonade Stand 2013 Celebration/Wrap-Up

  • From: Jennifer Oxenford <>
  • To: "" <>, "" <>, "" <>, "" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: LIVE WEBSTREAM: Alex's Virtual Lemonade Stand 2013 Celebration/Wrap-Up
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 10:57:36 -0400

Dear Colleagues,

[Apologies for cross-postings…]

Please join schools around the world virtually TODAY Tuesday May 21st from 11am -12:15pm EDT for the MAGPI Alex's Virtual Lemonade Stand Celebration/Wrap-Up event!! Come hear how 14 schools from across the country and even as far flung as Taiwan had their own two week journeys of raising funds and awareness for Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation in their communities. Hear which school had the most Lemonade Flair at their stand, who won our Make a Difference Commercial Contest and our Lemonade Stand poster contest and more! Plus, tune in to hear how much money we were all able to raise for Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation this year.

For the last seven years, schools have been coming together through H.323 videoconference for this two-week service learning project to hold lemonade stands in their own communities. Together we raise thousands of dollars to help end childhood cancers worldwide!

Schools and individuals anywhere in the world can join us remotely for the kick-off today via the free LIVE Webstream. To view the live webstream simply go to: http://video.magpi.net and click on "Live Streams." And follow along on twitter using hashtag #avls2013, too. For more information about the program see http://magpi.net/Community/Programs/Alexs-Virtual-Lemonade-Stand

About Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation
Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation is a national organization with Greater Philadelphia roots. The organization grew out of the front yard lemonade stand started by Alexandra “Alex” Scott, a pediatric cancer patient. In 2000, at the age of four, Alex opened her first annual lemonade stand with high hopes of raising money for pediatric cancer causes. Every year thereafter, Alex held an annual lemonade stand in her Pennsylvania front yard and inspired others to donate money to her cause. For more information: http://www.alexslemonade.org

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!!
Donate at the MAGPI Campaign Page to help make a difference! Or, text LEMONADE to 85944 to donate $10 today.

--
Jennifer Oxenford
Manager, Member Relations & Communications

215-74MAGPI (215-746-2474)

  • LIVE WEBSTREAM: Alex's Virtual Lemonade Stand 2013 Celebration/Wrap-Up, Jennifer Oxenford, 05/21/2013