ivclibrarians - reconvening our group in October

Subject: K-20 librarians interactive video conferencing

reconvening our group in October

  • From: James Werle <>
  • To:
  • Subject: reconvening our group in October
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 13:18:34 -0700

Greetings Fellow Videoconferencing Enthusiasts!

I hope the summer has left you well refreshed and rejuvenated. Just
a quick note to let everyone know our group is still alive and
kicking! We'll restart out monthly meetings on October 16th (2pm
Eastern) with the following proposed agenda:

+ Ben Fineman, Internet2 - Discuss the upcoming MegaConference event
and the opportunities for libraries to participate.
- http://www.megaconference.org
- https://blogs.internet2.edu/archives/874

+ Don Means, Digital Village - Don will brief the group on the
“Gigabit Libraries Network” (GLN)
- "GLN envisions an open global relationship network of gig-ready
and gig-aspiring library facilities, systems or consortia cooperating
as a distributed development, testbed and showcase environment for
high performance applications that utilize big bandwidth to serve an
array of educational, civic and cultural purposes."

+ Judy Graves, Library of Congress, will provide an overview of the
videoconferencing programming and other resources available to
libraries. There will be opportunities to ask
questions and brainstorm possibilities. (TENTATIVE)
- http://www.loc.gov/rr/program/videoconf

+ {Your agenda item here. Please send me your topics}

Remaining 2012 Meeting Schedule

+ Tuesday, October 16
+ Tuesday, November 20
+ Tuesday, December 18

Start time: 8am Hawaii/9am Alaska/11am Pacific/Noon Mountain/1pm
Central/2pm Eastern
Duration: 1 hour

In the meantime, please feel free to post updates to the listserv on
the latest videoconferencing programming or developments at your
library.

Looking forward to seeing you all soon.

Best Regards,
James

James Werle
Director, Internet2 K20 Initiative

360-499-2069
http://k20.internet2.edu

  • reconvening our group in October, James Werle, 09/13/2012