isn-discuss - Re: [isn-discuss] FASST Tool changes not reflected in dig

Subject: Discussion List for Freenum/ITAD Subscriber Number (ISN) Project

Re: [isn-discuss] FASST Tool changes not reflected in dig

  • From: John Todd <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [isn-discuss] FASST Tool changes not reflected in dig
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 11:52:55 -0400

Tony -
We don't currently do input filters on the web forms, which means that sometimes "bogus" data gets entered into the system. This prevents correct updates. Every 24 hours, a check is performed to see if new bogus data has appeared in the system, and then that information is manually corrected. Yesterday we had a bogus record inserted, which I've just updated, which was preventing all other changes from being reflected. You should see your changes within the next 2-3 hours.

If anyone wants to write a regexp parser in Python that validates NAPTR records before insertion into the database, let me know. :-)

JT