isn-discuss - Re: [isn-discuss] ITAD to use in examples and documentation?

Subject: Discussion List for Freenum/ITAD Subscriber Number (ISN) Project

Re: [isn-discuss] ITAD to use in examples and documentation?

  • From: "Scott Lawrence" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [isn-discuss] ITAD to use in examples and documentation?
  • Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 12:20:02 -0500

On Thu, 2009-03-05 at 11:48 -0500, Peter Grace wrote:
> I don't see a specific entry for example in the IANA list but 1-255
> are reserved for "private use" -- maybe one of these would be a good
> choice?

I think that's more analogous to the .local top level domain convention
(which is also IANA-reserved). It's certainly possible to use that, but
in environments where someone is using one of those values it leaves
open the possibility of a collision.

Might I suggest that freenum.org itself register an ITAD (I'd suggest
that it be 2048 or some other nice "generic looking" number) for this
purpose?