isn-discuss - Dialing Instructions

Subject: Discussion List for Freenum/ITAD Subscriber Number (ISN) Project

Dialing Instructions

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: Dialing Instructions
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 00:04:25 -0400 (EDT)

I'm planning to start giving out my ISNs for people to start calling my
network, but I think one of the most difficult issues would be repeatedly
answering the question "how do I dial that?"

I'd like to put together a simple guide that provides instructions on how to
dial ISN's from the currently participating organizations. I'll create it,
publish it, and even keep it up to date, if I can get the details of the
trunk codes for some of the participating organizations.

What I have (or think I have) so far is this:
Assuming the ISN is 1234*256, users would need to dial:

FreeWorldDialup: **012 1234*256
MIT: *0 1234*256 (From all campus phones? Faculty? Dorm?)

I'd appreciate any other contributions of dialing rules that allow users at
your organizations to reach ISN numbers. You can either post here, or email
them to me at
.

I'll put them together, and provide them back to the list.

Thanks,
John Thompson

  • Dialing Instructions, email, 10/30/2007