isn-discuss - Re: [isn-discuss] PSTN test number

Subject: Discussion List for Freenum/ITAD Subscriber Number (ISN) Project

Re: [isn-discuss] PSTN test number

  • From: James Cloos <>
  • To: Ben Teitelbaum <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [isn-discuss] PSTN test number
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 20:37:37 -0400
  • Copyright: Copyright 2006 James Cloos

Ben> Your PSTN-ISN gateway is a great idea, but it does not seem to be
Ben> working. As reported by Elliot, it sometimes fails to detect DTMF
Ben> correctly. However, even when it correctly detects DTMF (reading back
Ben> the ISN correctly), it fails to connect and plays a fast busy tone.

Thanks for the feedback. It is always appreciated.

I bumped asterisk from 1.2 to trunk to see whether that would fix the
doubled digits bug. After some debugging I now see that the enum
lookup is returning an empty string.

It turns out that the syntax of the enumlookup function changed
slightly between 1.2 and trunk. Before, the options and record-number
arguments were the logical equivalent of a C union. Now they are
separate arguments.

I've added the now-required extra comma and the enum lookup, at least,
works again.

A one-liner was recently posted that fixes the doubled digits for
some; I'll recompile with that patch and restart it tonight.

Thanks again.

-JimC
--
James Cloos