intl-info - Update - Internet2 Global Programs

Subject: Information on Internet2 activities in the international arena.

Update - Internet2 Global Programs

  • From: Ana Hunsinger <>
  • To: "" <>, "" <>, "" <>
  • Cc: Edward Moynihan <>, Ann Doyle <>
  • Subject: Update - Internet2 Global Programs
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 14:39:57 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

apologies for duplicates

Dear Colleagues and Partners,

I hope all of you are doing well and that your summer (or in some cases, winter) is going very well. I wanted to take a moment to share with you a recent set of changes that have taken place within Community Engagement at Internet2 (the division that I am responsible for) and specifically in our Global Programs and support.

I would like to share with you that Edward Moynihan has been promoted to the position of Director, Global Programs. As many of you know, since joining Internet2 in 2011 Edward has assumed duties of increasing responsibility and impact to Internet2, initially as Program Coordinator, and since April 2012, as Program Manager. In his new role as Director, Edward will take on the responsibility of developing, leading and implementing Internet2's overall global strategies ensuring that Internet2 and our community continue to help drive and collaborate with partners and colleagues around the globe in programs and projects that provide advanced networking and research and educational services. Edward will report directly to me and will continue to be based in our Washington DC office.

I would like to thank Ann Doyle for her work as Interim Director of Global Programs. Ann has been instrumental in building a strong team of staff and consultants serving our Global Programs, while also managing a set of projects, collaborations and important tasks in the international arena and in support of our global community. Moving forward, Ann is shifting responsibilities within Community Engagement and will now report to Dave Gift, Associate Vice President in Community Engagement too.  In this new role, Ann will focus on our U.S. academic and affiliate members, supporting awareness and utilization of the breadth and scope of our international partnerships and opportunities. She will also support our efforts to more deeply engage with Liberal Arts schools, specific affiliates and other institutions, leveraging what you all know are Ann's amazing talents and efforts in Arts and Humanities.  Ann will continue to be based in our Ann Arbor, Michigan office.

In the near future, Edward and his team will be providing a comprehensive update related to Internet2. While I have your attention, I want to invite you all to consider participating at our upcoming Technology Exchange Conference which will be held October 26-30, 2014 in Indianapolis, Indiana.  Internet2 will convene the 2014 Technology Exchange in collaboration with the Energy Sciences Network (ESnet) and the meeting will be hosted by Indiana University.   For more detailed information on the event and how you can participate, please visit our main events page at 2014 Technology Exchange

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me.

Kind Regards,

Ana Hunsinger
Vice President, Community Engagement
Internet2
 | 720.379.9670 (o) / 865.368.3151 (c)

  • Update - Internet2 Global Programs, Ana Hunsinger, 07/23/2014