intl-info - Fall 2005 Internet2 Meeting: International events

Subject: Information on Internet2 activities in the international arena.

Fall 2005 Internet2 Meeting: International events

  • From: Ana Preston <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Fall 2005 Internet2 Meeting: International events
  • Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 13:18:57 -0400

Friends and colleagues:

So that you can start making your plans, what follows is a tentative schedule of the International Task Force (ITF) meetings and international related events for the upcoming Fall 2005 Internet2 member meeting, taking place 18-22 September, 2005 in Philadelphia, PA. Overall eeting details are all at http://events.internet2.edu/2005/fall-mm/

Note that the hotel room block cutoff date is August 19.

As always, please contact us if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you in a couple of months!

Regards,
Ana Preston/Heather Boyles
Internet2

Timeline - International (Fall 2005 Internet2 Member Meeting)

+ Special Meeting:  Progress and Challenges in Building National Research and Education Networks In Africa: A View from the Field

Sunday, 18 September
This continues our focus on bringing together people interested and engaged in promoting better research and education connectivity to countries in Africa.  There will be ~10-12 leaders representing various African national, campus and regional networking initiatives and organizations to talk about existing and emerging efforts and discuss opportunities for collaboration and further support.  There will be a separate registration and space is limited.  Registration will open by 18 August.  Preliminary information about the meeting is available from this page:  http://international.internet2.edu/resources/events/2005/FallMMintl.html

+ ITF events:   Monday, 19 September

Continental Breakfast
8:00 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. - International Task Force: Part 1
 > There will be two topical panels.  One will focus on issues, developments in interconnecting our respective performance measurement and monitoring infrastructures.
The other will focus on issue and developments in interconnecting dark-fiber-based network across borders.

11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. - Lunch

1 p.m. to 5 p.m. -  International Task Force - Part 2
> Several update presentations from international partners and projects will be given.

+ General meeting kicks off with a welcome reception on Monday night (19 September); followed by the opening plenary in the AM of Tuesday (20 September). There are many track sessions with relevant international presence and content. You  can check out a preliminary schedule at http://events.internet2.edu/2005/fall-mm/gensched.html

Please note that overall meeting information, registration and accommodation information for the meeting can be found at  http://events.internet2.edu/2005/fall-mm/

Ana Preston | Program Manager, International / FiberCo | Internet2
| office: 865-974-2923 | mobile: 865-368-3151

  • Fall 2005 Internet2 Meeting: International events, Ana Preston, 08/08/2005