intl-info - ESCC/Internet2/CANARIE Joint Techs Workshop

Subject: Information on Internet2 activities in the international arena.

ESCC/Internet2/CANARIE Joint Techs Workshop

  • From: Heather BOYLES <>
  • To: ,
  • Cc: ,
  • Subject: ESCC/Internet2/CANARIE Joint Techs Workshop
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 16:24:08 -0400

Colleagues - we are pleased to forward information about the next semi-annual ESCC/Internet2 Joint Techs Workshop. This Joint Techs workshop will be held in partnership with CANARIE and will be located in Vancouver, Canada.

As many of you know, the Joint Techs Workshop series (held twice yearly) attracts many campus, regional and national backbone network managers and engineers with its focus on next generation networking with sessions, tutorials and in-depth sessions on emerging services and technologies. In particular, note the two hands-on workshops also collocated with the Joint Techs workshop - one on network performance and one on SIP.

Please let me or Ana know if you have any questions about the Joint Techs workshops.

best regards,
Heather Boyles and Ana Preston

PLEASE NOTE: The hotel reservation cut-off date is June 17! This is peak season for Vancouver hotel rooms, so please make your reservations as soon as possible!

-----

Russ, Scott, & Thomas would like to update you on the plans for the Summer 2005 ESCC/Internet2/CANARIE Joint Techs Workshop co-hosted by BCNET, the University of British Columbia and the British Columbia Institute of Technology, taking place at BCIT the week of July 17.

Registration is now open - the link is off the workshop's main page:
http://jointtechs.es.net/Vancouver20051.htm

NOTE: This is a common registration for the Joint Techs Workshop, the ESCC Meeting and the other workshops. After you enter your personal information you will be asked to select the workshops/meetings you want to attend.

You'll also find hotel information off that page. The hotel block cut-off date is Friday, June 17.

We are still open to proposals for sessions and we're always receptive of BoFs. If you'd like to do a presentation or organize a BoF, please drop one of us a note.

There will be two focal areas for this Joint Techs. First is Advanced Optical Networking which will look at the many technologies and projects are in the works for the next generation of networks. Also because of the requirement that we do something to increase it, security will be the other focus. We will explore what increasing security really means for network operators. There will also be presentations on subjects such as performance, measurement and other relevant areas.

There are currently two hands-on workshops scheduled before and after the Vancouver JT:
1) E2Epi Network Performance Workshop, July 16-17
2) SIP.edu Workshop, July 20-21

As has been our pattern for the last couple of years, Wednesday afternoon will also see the start of the more limited-focus ESnet Coordinating Committee meeting, which will continue on into Thursday.

We are looking forward to seeing you all in Vancouver,

Joint Techs Co-chairs
Russ Hobby
<>
Scott Bradley
<>
Thomas Tam

Heather Boyles + Director, Member and Partner Relations + Internet2

+ mobile:+1.202.255.5581 + office:+1.202.331.5342
1150 18th Street, NW + Suite 1020 + Washington, DC 20036
http://www.internet2.edu + http://international.internet2.edu

  • ESCC/Internet2/CANARIE Joint Techs Workshop, Heather BOYLES, 05/24/2005