intl-info - Spring Member Meeting Poster Sessions

Subject: Information on Internet2 activities in the international arena.

Spring Member Meeting Poster Sessions

  • From: Ana Preston <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Spring Member Meeting Poster Sessions
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 17:02:31 -0500

All,

The call for presenting a poster session at the Spring 2005 Internet2 Member Meeting scheduled for May 2-5 in Arlington, Virginia--is now available for response. The spring meeting traditionally focuses on issues in advanced networking policy and highlights Internet2's partnerships among academia, industry, government and the international community. Meeting sessions will, among other things, focus on collaborations with and among federal agencies, between the corporate community and higher education, and with international organizations. Participants at Internet2 member meetings come from a wide range of communities and disciplines. Information about the meeting can be found at http://events.internet2.edu/2005/spring-mm/

Poster sessions are an intentionally low-tech forum for the exchange of information and ideas about collaborations, projects and works-in-progress. The posters convey stories through the use of graphs, diagrams, pictures, data, and narrative text displayed on ~4' x 3' corkboard. The posters are on display near the meeting registration area continuously throughout the 3-day meeting; participants informally discuss their presentations with meeting attendees during the staffed hours for poster sessions. In addition, for the first time ever, poster presenters are invited to display their posters in the ballroom during the Monday evening Welcome Reception.

All categories of Internet2 membership University, Corporate, Affiliate, Association members and International MOU partners are welcome to submit proposals for poster sessions. Each poster submission must contain:
Title
Institution or organization name
Brief abstract
Contact name and email address

Space is limited; posters will be considered on the basis of the following criteria:
· Degree of anticipated interaction and information sharing with meeting attendees; relevance of the discussion to advancing their work
· Impact of advanced networking and advanced applications, with an emphasis on things that are not possible or reasonable to do with the commodity Internet
· Demonstration of the value of Internet2 to its members and how advanced networking technologies further the mission of research, teaching and learning

Please send submissions to , the submission deadline is 11 March 2005. Notification will be sent the week of 28 March and logistical information will be provided at that time.

If you have questions please contact me.

Best Regards,

Ana Preston

Ana Preston | Program Manager, International Relations | Internet2

| office: 865-974-2923 | mobile: 865-368-3151
2345 Dunford Hall | The University of Tennessee
Knoxville, TN 37996 USA

Ana Preston | Program Manager, International Relations | Internet2

| office: 865-974-2923 | mobile: 865-368-3151
2345 Dunford Hall | The University of Tennessee
Knoxville, TN 37996 USA

  • Spring Member Meeting Poster Sessions, Ana Preston, 02/13/2005