intl-info - Salt Lake City Jt Techs Update

Subject: Information on Internet2 activities in the international arena.

Salt Lake City Jt Techs Update

  • From: E Paul Love <>
  • To:
  • Cc: Ana Preston <>, Heather Boyles <>
  • Subject: Salt Lake City Jt Techs Update
  • Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 16:32:15 -0500

Dear colleagues and friends,

We wanted to update you on the plans for the Winter 2005 ESCC/Internet2 Techs Workshop hosted by the University of Utah the week of 12 February.

Registration is now open - the link is off the workshop's main page:
http://jointtechs.ornl.gov/SLC2005

You'll also find hotel information off that page.

Jt Techs is always receptive of BoFs being held. If you'd like to organize one, please contact any of us.

Before the main workshop kicks off, on Sat the 12th, there are two opportunities. Our hosts have organized a one-day hands-on Wireless Security Workshop and Steve Corbató, a new Salt Lake City resident, is organizing a ski trip (a couple of days ago he reported that there was 87" at Alta:-). Links for both of these are at the bottom of the workshop's main page.

While the agenda isn't completely finished for Jt Techs, much is confirmed. For the Sunday tutorials there are:
o Troubleshooting Multicast by Caren Litvanyi
o e2e Tools by Russ Hobby
o NLR by Dave Jent
o TCP Tuning by Steve Low

For the plenary sessions we've confirmed several network updates including ones on CLARA & GEANT2 to complementing Kevin Thompson's summary of the NSF's IRNC awards. There will also be overviews of GMPLS & the Global Lambda Integrated Facility, updates on federal nets efforts to transition to v6; talks on measurement & security, and on wireless topics including wireless management & 802.1x (several more aren't yet confirmed).

Finally, on Wednesday afternoon there is a pair of in-depth sessions. Joerg Micheel from NLANR is covering Passive Measurement and Greg Travis from IndianaU and his merry band are doing a hands-on Intruder Workshop. (You'll need to check a box during registration for Greg's workshop. No additional charge, but it is size restricted.)

As has been our pattern for the last couple of years, Wednesday afternoon will also see the start of the more limited-focus ESnet Coordinating Committee meeting, which will continue on into Thursday.

We're looking forward to seeing you in SLC next Feb.

Regards,

Paul Love/Ana Preston/Heather Boyles
Internet2

  • Salt Lake City Jt Techs Update, E Paul Love, 12/03/2004