intl-info - invitation to expanding the reach of advanced networking workshop

Subject: Information on Internet2 activities in the international arena.

invitation to expanding the reach of advanced networking workshop

  • From: Ana Preston <>
  • To:
  • Cc: heather BOYLES <>, sharon Moskwiak <>
  • Subject: invitation to expanding the reach of advanced networking workshop
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 12:39:46 -0400

[apologies for duplicates]

Dear colleagues:
I would like to bring up to your attention a special event that we are planning on April 22, 2004, following the Spring 2004 Internet2 meeting in Arlington, VA (at the Crystal Gateway Marriott Hotel). This workshop, titled "Expanding the Reach of Advanced Networking" will discuss opportunities for collaboration and highlight projects from the global research and education community that expand network access and global computing solutions to resource limited settings around the globe. Key funding agencies have been invited to present on their programs; our primary objective is to  provide an opportunity for the global research and education networking community to learn more about how these agencies and organizations work, along with providing a forum to explore ways in which we may work together to address the challenges in extending the reach of Internet infrastructure and networks in support of research, education and knowledge sharing. The latest agenda, information on logistics and more are available at http://international.internet2.edu/intl_connect/workshop.html.

Please note that this workshop is *separate* from the Internet2 member meeting and that a separate registration is required. The workshop is also limited to only 100 participants so register soon!

If you have additional questions, please contact Sharon Moskwiak <> or Ana Preston <>

We look forward to hearing from you and do hope that your schedule will allow for your participation in this important workshop. For all related international task force sessions and activities during the member meeting, please go to http://international.internet2.edu/resources/events/2004/SpringMMintl.html

With kind regards,

Ana Preston and Heather Boyles
International Relations, Internet2

Ana Preston | Program Manager, International Relations | Internet2
| office: 865-974-2923 | mobile: 865-368-3151
2345 Dunford Hall | The University of Tennessee
Knoxville, TN 37923 USA
Ana Preston | Program Manager, International Relations | Internet2
| office: 865-974-2923 | mobile: 865-368-3151
2345 Dunford Hall | The University of Tennessee
Knoxville, TN 37923 USA

Ana Preston | Program Manager, International Relations | Internet2
| office: 865-974-2923 | mobile: 865-368-3151
2345 Dunford Hall | The University of Tennessee
Knoxville, TN 37923 USA

  • invitation to expanding the reach of advanced networking workshop, Ana Preston, 04/12/2004