intl-info - Call for Presentations on International for Spring 2002 Member Meeting

Subject: Information on Internet2 activities in the international arena.

Call for Presentations on International for Spring 2002 Member Meeting

  • From: Ana Preston <>
  • To:
  • Cc: Ana Preston <>
  • Subject: Call for Presentations on International for Spring 2002 Member Meeting
  • Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 13:55:44 -0500

We are soliciting presentations from both Internet2's International MoU Partners and Internet2 members on international collaborative activities, advanced networking projects, application initiatives and/or updates, as well as presentations on ongoing collaborations between institutions on non-U.S. Research and Education Networks and those in the U.S. A complete list of Internet2 International partners is at http://www.internet2.edu/international/html/partners.html

This session will be taking place during the Spring 2002 Internet2 Member Meeting taking place in Arlington, VA. and we are tentatively planning for Monday, May 6, 2002 from 1:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST.

We are particularly interested in having presentations that also cover this year's identified over-arching themes and how our International partners have addressed these in their own countries:

·       Leveraging investment in Internet2 in times of constrained resources, and strengthening the case for continued investment
·       Deploying technologies in supportable, scalable ways
·       Forecasting two years out and identifying priorities for work ahead
·       Responding to the national and international interest in network and host security
·       Approaches to making the case for continued investment in the deployment of advanced technologies

If you would like to make a presentation (of aprox. 20-25 minutes each) during this session, please send an email to Ana Preston at <>,  briefly describing your presentation, along with your name and affiliation. Space is limited so it is important that we receive your information soon.

Finally, for your information, what follows is a quick overview of ITF (International Task Force)-related events and other relevant details for this year's meeting:

+ ITF events:
        Monday, 6 May
        8:30 a.m. - noon -- International Task Force Meeting

        Monday, 6 May
        1:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. International Task Force: international collaborations

+ Overall meeting information, registration and accommodation information for the Spring 2002 Member Meeting can be found at http://www.internet2.edu/activities/html/spring_02.html

Please don't hesitate to contact me <> if you have any questions on any of the planned international activities for the Spring meeting.

Best Regards,

Ana Preston

Ana Preston | Program Manager, International Relations
UCAID/Internet2
2345 Dunford Hall
The University of Tennessee
Knoxville, TN 37923
v. 865.974.2923 | f. 865.974.4810 | m. 865.368.3151

  • Call for Presentations on International for Spring 2002 Member Meeting, Ana Preston, 03/14/2002