industry-announce - [industry-announce] Industry Program Staffing News - Ben Fineman

Subject: Industry Member Announcements

[industry-announce] Industry Program Staffing News - Ben Fineman

  • From: Ana Hunsinger <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [industry-announce] Industry Program Staffing News - Ben Fineman
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 21:46:40 +0000
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=internet2.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=internet2.edu; dkim=pass header.d=internet2.edu; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=THurXjC5uOVz7xwuhC8Td2Ouzg7JV0nA8Pf/ipvAIMg=; b=GKzE1m/KGT+uIfLtqSK4W+UGFE2kCGDwKJmNpvXG6kX72E157ofwmQYtob+ZJcfAZWt+bl3hFMXNnRX5+bZGMk2MD6psVJsap1cAkM7nsrfzypQ244HGvhelwg44hVGSN/mjmFqKDy2BU+iEUckh83p+6uCfdl75XssvRQA/z3SFfJVC50GJIL3I4ZbO5WAhe22W6J/Nt3eICK5YrFP3ui0yrlchPbsf9oO+8FDJsF3rcsueXR2CZlJiTQzlgfmjEBNeI3sezPiFPSK0QlZu9mzW/bbLHMOQIOgd20c5OZ4ytXOx1ADRfuz8Fcdgl4O5s5quivwHfSK0pX1Nhzi/Zg==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=ZpZd7KYccTsOPQX6TASBtX7Kom57yV4xUh9T/FpbWrWjeGLSAs1cpaAQIzxmQE8jUeFKxYIid15tk3/CeSGOwPprs0qa17ZfGpxt8MjT97mP/ZMzomdtlpSpfMTv2OZCnBzmkVA5fiOkxhoI4ZFwpbPK258skwVKCjSuOvNkYiXT04X5OVAc7dIFFsq/WVuobGsttFQvQG6DHoR6cMTwsypj7CDxyjbIL09DUYcF7m/hS/fNCt3lIWq3TwcauaV2DFrQ/orygSltrCYBIAuLKqqDHHAl9rvmWfE8R5g5G2Aq/tmjyBxtlR3gWiiuybl2/wIv5gzE8t4S8ihFdGOwzQ==
  • Msip_labels:

Dear colleagues,

After 18 years of service, Ben Fineman, Directory for Industry Engagement, will be leaving Internet2.

Ben will be joining the U.S. Department of Commerce's National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) as the Federal Program Officer for Michigan, leading the state's implementation of the broadband programs from the recent Infrastructure Act. Ben has a passion for broadband expansion, and this opportunity will enable him to fully engage in this space during this time of unprecedented federal funding availability.

Since joining Internet2 in 2004, Ben's career has touched nearly all parts of Internet2.  Ben's roles have evolved over the years, but have all had a consistent theme of helping our members do cool things with advanced networking technologies. As a sampling of milestones, Ben led the Internet2 Commons videoconferencing service, helped build the international Internet2 Video Exchange, facilitated the launch of seven NET+ services, hosted many online events including the international Megaconference, and helped run and/or presented at 30 Internet2 anchor events (Global Summit/Tech Ex/Member Meeting) and 18 Joint Techs meetings.  In his most current role as director of Industry Engagement, held for the past three years, Ben has propelled an enhanced engagement program for our industry members including the Internet2 Advanced Industry Member program, new events like the Lightning Lounge and I2 Tech Talk, and industry member welcome kits.

Ben's official last day at Internet2 will be Friday, August 26th. In the interim period while Internet2 works to fill this gap, Amber Walters (), Community Success Coordinator for Industry, will manage Internet2's industry relationships with support from Mike Erickson (), AVP for Community Engagement, and myself ().  Please don't hesitate to reach out to me if you have any questions and I will make sure to keep you appraised of our next steps.

I hope you will join me in wishing Ben the best in this next stage of his career. Have a great weekend,

Ana Hunsinger
Internet2

  • [industry-announce] Industry Program Staffing News - Ben Fineman, Ana Hunsinger, 08/19/2022