industry-announce - [industry-announce] Call for Proposals: Industry Lightning Lounge 6/2

Subject: Industry Member Announcements

[industry-announce] Call for Proposals: Industry Lightning Lounge 6/2

  • From: Ben Fineman <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [industry-announce] Call for Proposals: Industry Lightning Lounge 6/2
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2021 18:36:56 +0000

Hi all, I wanted to let you know that the call for proposals is still open for the Q2 Internet2 Industry Member Lightning Lounge which is coming up soon on 6/2. If you missed it last time:
Internet2 Industry members have a shared goal – advancing technology options for the research and education community. The Internet2 Industry Member Lightning Lounge (IMLL) allows Industry members to update the community on the most important current news via a two-minute lightning talk, followed by a chance for individual conversations, all in a 60-minute virtual event.
The lightning talk slots are short (two minutes) but the quick hits combined with the opportunity for individual conversations via breakouts during the second half has been well received.

We only have room for 12 presenters at each event - while this one is filling up we do still have slots available. If you'd like to participate please submit a proposal here:  https://meetings.internet2.edu/portal/meetings/industry-member-lightning-lounge/proposals/new

Regarding proposals, please note:
  • The proposal link requires either InCommon credentials OR registering for an Internet2 Site ID. If you have trouble with this please let me know your intention to present.
  • The proposal form calls for an abstract and other details - this isn't necessary, we really just need the main title or topic of what you plan to discuss.
Looking forward to this event - please let me know if you have questions!

Best regards,
Ben

Ben Fineman (he/him/his)
Director, Industry Engagement
Internet2

Twitter - @bfineman
734.417.0811 (mobile)

  • [industry-announce] Call for Proposals: Industry Lightning Lounge 6/2, Ben Fineman, 05/20/2021