icn-rsch - Re: ICN Dataflow to Feltus Lab at Clemson

Subject: ICN

Re: ICN Dataflow to Feltus Lab at Clemson

  • From: Stephen Wolff <>
  • To: Alex Feltus <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: ICN Dataflow to Feltus Lab at Clemson
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 15:10:42 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:0

Hi Alex,

Thank you for the rapid response to get us moving.

I believe the primary repository of genomic data on the ICN testbed is the
Genomic Data Commons at University of Chicago. UC Santa Cruz (also on the
testbed) had CGhub and although I understand that project is complete perhaps
the data are still accessible there? It would be helpful if one of our UCSC
colleagues could clarify.

Aspera and GridFTP are IP-based and are not compatible with the ICN
protocols. For your experiment, however, it is possible to set up a parallel
topology - possibly even using the same AL2S links that support the ICN
testbed - to run the IP-based transfers. I think there are several
possibilities, but maybe my colleague John Hicks could weigh in?

The second part of your experiment will require a greater understanding of
naming and routing in ICN than I currently have. I invite our Cisco and PARC
colleagues to join this conversation to move the experimental design along.

Thanks again for breaking the ice!

-steve