i2-news - [I2-NEWS] Press Release: Internet2 Streams Presidents' Day Event from Jimmy Carter National Historic Site

Subject: News for and about the Internet2 community

[I2-NEWS] Press Release: Internet2 Streams Presidents' Day Event from Jimmy Carter National Historic Site

  • From: Elizabeth Boten <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [I2-NEWS] Press Release: Internet2 Streams Presidents' Day Event from Jimmy Carter National Historic Site
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 13:15:15 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:0

PRESS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Liz Boten, Internet2,

Internet2 Streams Presidents' Day Event from Jimmy Carter National Historic Site

WASHINGTON DC, Feb. 15, 2016--Internet2, operator of the nation’s largest and fastest, coast-to-coast research and education infrastructure, will stream a Presidents' Day event with Jimmy Carter live from the Jimmy Carter National Historic Site National Park. During the hour long event, President and Mrs. Carter will talk about the 1976 presidential campaign, take questions from the local audience and from students connected remotely to the event, from Royal Valley Middle School of Topeka, Kansas and Boise High School of Boise, Idaho.

"The Internet2 community is thrilled to continue our partnership with the National Park Service as we work together to enable sustainable and technology-forward means to share our Nation's treasuresplaces like the Jimmy Carter National Historic Site, the Grand Canyon, Gettysburg Battlefield, Mount Rushmore, and the Statue of Libertywith a broader spectrum of learners, many of whom may not have an opportunity to visit these historic places in person," said James Werle, Internet2, director, K-20 initiative.

The event takes place today at 11am ET. Access the live stream.

Learn more about the event.

About Internet2

Internet2® is a member-owned advanced technology community founded by the nation’s leading higher education institutions in 1996. Internet2 provides a collaborative environment for U.S. research and education organizations to solve common technology challenges, and to develop innovative solutions in support of their educational, research and community service missions.

Internet2 also operates the nation’s largest and fastest, coast-to-coast research and education network, with Internet2 Network Operations Center powered by Indiana University. Internet2 serves more than 90,000 community anchor institutions, 305 U.S. universities, 70 government agencies, 42 regional and state education networks, 84 leading corporations working with our community and more than 65 national research and education networking partners representing more than 100 countries.

Internet2 offices are located in Ann Arbor, MI; Denver, CO; Emeryville, CA; Washington, DC; and West Hartford, CT. For more information, visit www.internet2.edu or follow @Internet2 on Twitter.

  • [I2-NEWS] Press Release: Internet2 Streams Presidents' Day Event from Jimmy Carter National Historic Site, Elizabeth Boten, 02/15/2016