Subject: News for and about the Internet2 community
[I2-NEWS] Internet2 Announces 2015-2016 Board of Trustees
- From: Elizabeth Boten <>
- To: "" <>
- Subject: [I2-NEWS] Internet2 Announces 2015-2016 Board of Trustees
- Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 16:37:31 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
- Authentication-results: internet2.edu; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;internet2.edu; dmarc=none action=none header.from=internet2.edu;
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:0
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Liz Boten, Internet2,
Internet2 Announces 2015-2016 Board of Trustees
WASHINGTON, D.C., November 4, 2015 –Today, Internet2, operator of the most advanced infrastructure for research and higher education announced the 2015-2016 Board of Trustees. David Leebron, President, Rice University, was elected chair of Internet2’s Board of Trustees. Beginning November 1, Leebron will chair the 17-member Internet2 Board. The Trustees, who are elected or appointed for three-year terms, serve as the governance of the organization providing strategic direction, leadership and fiscal oversight.
Michael McRobbie, President, Indiana University will serve as immediate past chair and Pat Gallagher, Chancellor, University of Pittsburgh, will serve as the Internet2 Board of Trustees vice chair.
“On behalf of the Internet2 community, we wish to thank Michael McRobbie for his exemplary support, and guidance in shaping Internet2’s mission and vision during his three-year term as Board Chair,” said Dave Lambert, Internet2, President and CEO.
The Internet2 Board of Trustees is comprised of university presidents, chief information officers, network and discipline researchers, and industry partners.
New Trustees elected to the Board include:
· Rebecca Blank, Chancellor, University of Wisconsin Madison
· Tracy Futhey, Vice President Information Technology, CIO, Duke University
· Barbara Snyder, President, Case Western Reserve University
Board Trustees elected for additional terms include:
· John D. Evans, Chairman and CEO, Evans Telecommunication
· Pankaj Shah, Executive Director, Ohio Supercomputing Center and Ohio Academic Resources Network
Returning Board Trustees include:
- [I2-NEWS] Internet2 Announces 2015-2016 Board of Trustees, Elizabeth Boten, 11/04/2015
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.