i2-news - [I2-NEWS] Internet2 Announces 2015-2016 Board of Trustees

Subject: News for and about the Internet2 community

[I2-NEWS] Internet2 Announces 2015-2016 Board of Trustees

  • From: Elizabeth Boten <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [I2-NEWS] Internet2 Announces 2015-2016 Board of Trustees
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 16:37:31 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:0

PRESS RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT: Liz Boten, Internet2,

Internet2 Announces 2015-2016 Board of Trustees

WASHINGTON, D.C., November 4, 2015 –Today, Internet2, operator of the most advanced infrastructure for research and higher education announced the 2015-2016 Board of Trustees. David Leebron, President, Rice University, was elected chair of Internet2’s Board of Trustees. Beginning November 1, Leebron will chair the 17-member Internet2 Board. The Trustees, who are elected or appointed for three-year terms, serve as the governance of the organization providing strategic direction, leadership and fiscal oversight.

Michael McRobbie, President, Indiana University will serve as immediate past chair and Pat Gallagher, Chancellor, University of Pittsburgh, will serve as the Internet2 Board of Trustees vice chair.

“On behalf of the Internet2 community, we wish to thank Michael McRobbie for his exemplary support, and guidance in shaping Internet2’s mission and vision during his three-year term as Board Chair,” said Dave Lambert, Internet2, President and CEO.

The Internet2 Board of Trustees is comprised of university presidents, chief information officers, network and discipline researchers, and industry partners.

New Trustees elected to the Board include:

·       Rebecca Blank, Chancellor, University of Wisconsin Madison

·       Tracy Futhey, Vice President Information Technology, CIO, Duke University

·       Barbara Snyder, President, Case Western Reserve University

Board Trustees elected for additional terms include:

·       John D. Evans, Chairman and CEO, Evans Telecommunication

·       Pankaj Shah, Executive Director, Ohio Supercomputing Center and Ohio Academic Resources Network

Returning Board Trustees include:

  • Michael Drake, President, The Ohio State University
  • Steve Fleagle, CIO, University of Iowa
  • Pat Gallagher, Chancellor, University of Pittsburgh
  • Beth Garrett, President, Cornell University
  • James Hilton, Dean of Libraries and Vice Provost, Digital Educational Initiatives, University of Michigan
  • John Kolb, CIO, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
  • Dave Lambert, President and CEO, Internet2
  • David Leebron, President, Rice University
  • Michael McRobbie, President, Indiana University
  • Michael Norman, Director, San Diego Supercomputer Center, University of California, San Diego
  • Steve Relyea, Executive Vice Chancellor and CFO, California State University
  • John Sexton, President, New York University

About Internet2

Internet2® is a member-owned advanced technology community founded by the nation’s leading higher education institutions in 1996. Internet2 provides a collaborative environment for U.S. research and education organizations to solve common technology challenges, and to develop innovative solutions in support of their educational, research and community service missions.

Internet2 also operates the nation’s largest and fastest, coast-to-coast research and education network, with Internet2 Network Operations Center powered by Indiana University. Internet2 serves more than 90,000 community anchor institutions, 290 U.S. universities, 70 government agencies, 42 regional and state education networks, 84 leading corporations working with our community and more than 65 national research and education networking partners representing more than 100 countries.

Internet2 offices are located in Ann Arbor, MI; Denver, CO; Emeryville, CA; Washington, DC; and West Hartford, CT. For more information, visit
www.internet2.edu or follow @Internet2 on Twitter.

  • [I2-NEWS] Internet2 Announces 2015-2016 Board of Trustees, Elizabeth Boten, 11/04/2015