i2-news - [I2-NEWS] Internet2 Press Release: Internet2 liv e streams President Jimmy Carter¹s remarks

Subject: News for and about the Internet2 community

[I2-NEWS] Internet2 Press Release: Internet2 liv e streams President Jimmy Carter¹s remarks

  • From: Elizabeth Boten <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [I2-NEWS] Internet2 Press Release: Internet2 liv e streams President Jimmy Carter¹s remarks
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 15:40:56 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:0

PRESS RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT: Liz Boten, Internet2, or 720.379.9672

Internet2 live streams President Jimmy Carter’s remarks

Partnering with the National Park Service

WASHINGTON, D.C., September 2, 2015 – President Jimmy Carter’s public remarks on Saturday, August 22 were live streamed by Internet2, operator of the fastest, most advanced network for research and higher education. The live streaming took place from the Jimmy Carter National Historic Site in Plains, Ga. during Rosalynn Carter's birthday celebration. Internet2, through its United States Unified Community Anchor Network (U.S. UCAN) program, partnered with the National Park Service to live stream the event.

The U.S. UCAN initiative brings together Internet2 member institutions and innovators from primary and secondary schools, colleges and universities, libraries, and museums to extend new technologies, applications, middleware, and content to all educational sectors, as quickly and connectedly as possible.

We're delighted and honored by this opportunity to extend our community's technical expertise and advanced networking infrastructure to enable people from all around the world to virtually participate in this very special Carter family celebration,” said John S. Morabito, Vice President of External Relations and General Counsel.

This event builds upon the existing partnership between the National Park Service, presidential libraries, and U.S. UCAN's K20 Initiative community. The group is currently planning the 2015-2016 Presidential Primary Source Project (PPSP) program series scheduled to launch this fall. Past programs have included interactive videoconferencing programs from the National Mall, Gettysburg, and the Jimmy Carter National Historic Site. Each program is streamed live and archived for on demand viewing.

Access a recording of President Carter’s August 22 remarks.

About Internet2

Internet2® is a member-owned advanced technology community founded by the nation’s leading higher education institutions in 1996. Internet2 provides a collaborative environment for U.S. research and education organizations to solve common technology challenges, and to develop innovative solutions in support of their educational, research and community service missions.

Internet2 also operates the nation’s largest and fastest, coast-to-coast research and education network, with Internet2 Network Operations Center powered by Indiana University. Internet2 serves more than 90,000 community anchor institutions, 290 U.S. universities, 70 government agencies, 42 regional and state education networks, 84 leading corporations working with our community and more than 65 national research and education networking partners representing more than 100 countries.

Internet2 offices are located in Ann Arbor, MI; Denver, CO; Emeryville, CA; Washington, DC; and West Hartford, CT. For more information, visit
www.internet2.edu or follow @Internet2 on Twitter.

  • [I2-NEWS] Internet2 Press Release: Internet2 liv e streams President Jimmy Carter¹s remarks, Elizabeth Boten, 09/02/2015