i2-news - [I2-NEWS] rSmart Offers OneCampus Solution to 250+ Internet2 Higher Education Members

Subject: News for and about the Internet2 community

[I2-NEWS] rSmart Offers OneCampus Solution to 250+ Internet2 Higher Education Members

  • From: Glenn Lipscomb <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [I2-NEWS] rSmart Offers OneCampus Solution to 250+ Internet2 Higher Education Members
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 14:44:11 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

rSmart Offers OneCampus Solution to 250+ Internet2 Higher Education Members

New cloud-based service simplifies access to campus services; offering developed in partnership with leading higher education institutions

September 23, 2014 - rSmart, a leader in administrative software for higher education, announced today that OneCampus, a new cloud-based service that gives students, faculty, and staff one easy place to access all campus services, on any computer or device, is now available to Internet2 higher education members.

rSmart OneCampus is the only institutionally-controlled app store for campus services and offers students, staff, and faculty quick and easy access to hundreds of services such as grades, class schedules, and email in a marketplace format. It provides a modern App Store user experience, Google-like search, and social user-rating and feedback features.

The NET+ OneCampus service is the result of the collaboration between seven universities, Internet2, and rSmart to provide a unique offering to the higher education community.  The Internet2 NET+ service validation was completed by BYU-Idaho, Clemson University, Indiana University, University of Maryland, University of Nebraska at Omaha, University of Pittsburgh and University of Utah who worked together to guide and shape this Internet2 NET+ validated solution.

“At the University of Utah, we have many campus services spread across different portals and websites. OneCampus provides one location for all services, so our users can quickly find and complete the task at hand - register for class, check email, or pay tuition, for example. As a service validator, we were extremely impressed by the modern user experience and ease with which we were able to get OneCampus up and running,” said Debbie Rakhsha, Director of UIT-University Support Services.

The NET+ OneCampus service adds additional unique features for higher education including:

●      Federated identity management using InCommon

●      Utilization of the Internet2 Network which delivers custom services at speeds not generally available over commodity networks

●      Institutionally vetted against Internet2 guidelines for cloud-based Identity Services

●      Institutionally vetted against the Cloud Security Alliance controls matrix, which spans SOC2, NIST FERPA, HIPAA and many other areas of compliance that are unique to the college and university environment

“Many institutions currently use an outdated legacy campus portal to tie together all of their campus services. OneCampus provides campus leaders the opportunity to position their institution for the future with its modern, device-friendly platform designed to meet the growing trend of online experiences becoming more mobile, diverse, smaller, and loosely coupled,” said Chris Coppola, rSmart CEO.

In September, rSmart and Internet2 will establish an advisory board comprised of leaders from Internet2 member universities who will regularly meet to discuss the roadmap for this offer. This will ensure the solution meets the needs of higher ed institutions today and into the future.

“The Internet2 NET+ initiative is about member institutions working together to create and sustain value for the research and educational community in their collective use of cloud services,” said Shelton Waggener, senior vice president at Internet2. “I couldn’t be more pleased with the work of rSmart throughout the service validation effort. It’s a rigorous process addressing the broad, complex requirements of the higher education community. rSmart was ready and leveraged their industry expertise, collaborative approach, and best practices to shape an effective, and greatly needed, offering for higher education.”

The Internet2 NET+ OneCampus validated solution is available now to member colleges and universities at a discounted rate.

rSmart and Internet2 will host a webinar for Internet2 higher education members on Tuesday, October 28 at 1:00 pm ET to provide more details on the offer. Internet2 members can learn more about the offering by emailing .

For more information on Internet2, please visit www.internet2.edu or follow@Internet2 on Twitter. For more information about rSmart or to request a demo, please visit www.rsmart.com or follow @rSmart on Twitter.

About rSmart

rSmart, a leader in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software for higher education, empowers colleges and universities to embrace community-driven, open source software. We make Kuali ERP software enterprise ready with cloud delivery, enhanced functionality, professional services, and support. Our customers significantly reduce research, financial, and student administration costs through improved processes and freedom from expensive, overly customized, and difficult to maintain legacy and proprietary software.  rSmart is privately held and headquartered in Scottsdale, AZ. Learn more at http://www.rsmart.com.

About Internet2

Internet2® is a member-owned advanced technology community founded by the nation's leading higher education institutions in 1996. Internet2 provides a collaborative environment for U.S. research and education organizations to solve common technology challenges, and to develop innovative solutions in support of their educational, research, and community service missions.

Internet2 also operates the nation’s largest and fastest, coast-to-coast research and education network, in which the Network Operations Center is powered by Indiana University. Internet2 serves more than 93,000 community anchor institutions, 250 U.S. universities, 70 government agencies, 38 regional and state education networks, 80 leading corporations working with our community and more than 65 national research and education networking partners representing more than 100 countries. Internet2 offices are located in Ann Arbor, Mich.; Denver, Colo.; Emeryville, Calif.; Washington, D.C; and West Hartford, Conn. For more information, visit www.internet2.edu or follow @Internet2 on Twitter.

Media contacts:

Glenn Lipscomb, Internet2, 720-379-9677 or .

Heather Dunn, rSmart, 602-490-0494 or

  • [I2-NEWS] rSmart Offers OneCampus Solution to 250+ Internet2 Higher Education Members, Glenn Lipscomb, 09/23/2014