i2-news - [I2-NEWS] 4 Campuses to Receive Electric Vehicles for Internet of Things Research

Subject: News for and about the Internet2 community

[I2-NEWS] 4 Campuses to Receive Electric Vehicles for Internet of Things Research

  • From: Todd Sedmak <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [I2-NEWS] 4 Campuses to Receive Electric Vehicles for Internet of Things Research
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 03:44:16 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Colorado State University, University of Pittsburgh, University of Washington and University of Wisconsin To Receive Four Electric Vehicles For Internet of Things’ Sustainable Research Projects

 Research to Reduce the Campuses’ Carbon Footprint, Feature Internet2 Advanced Technologies and Use Vehicle Sensor Data

WASHINGTON, D.C.—June 23, 2014--Internet2 and Innova UEV LLC, manufacturer of an all-electric micro vehicle--the Innova Dash, today announced the selection of four universities to each receive four of the uniquely equipped electric vehicles for research to reduce the campus’s carbon footprint, foster research involving sensor data, use Internet2’s advanced technologies and broaden understanding of the Internet of Things phenomenon.

Colorado State University, University of Pittsburgh, University of Washington and the University Wisconsin were selected from a pool of eleven proposals and will receive the electric vehicles, called University Electric Vehicles (UEV), for their specific sustainable research projects later this summer. At the conclusion of the projects, all aggregated data will become anonymous and publicly available for any researcher. Read more at http://www.internet2.edu/news/detail/6633/ and https://meetings.internet2.edu/2014-global-summit/internet2-of-things-project/

Todd Sedmak
Internet2
PR & Media Relations Manager
202-803-8978
www.internet2.edu

  • [I2-NEWS] 4 Campuses to Receive Electric Vehicles for Internet of Things Research, Todd Sedmak, 06/25/2014