i2-news - [I2-NEWS] Internet2 Community News

Subject: News for and about the Internet2 community

[I2-NEWS] Internet2 Community News

  • From: Todd Sedmak <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [I2-NEWS] Internet2 Community News
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 14:01:27 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Thank you for your interest in stories related to the Internet2 community. Here are a few stories from this week:

UTSA Cloud and BigData Laboratory launches OpenStack Cloud on Open Compute hardware

"The University of Texas at San Antonio has done a magnificent job bringing together industry, higher education and the research community to create this open-compute lab as a research hub for high-performance computing," said Steve Wolff, Internet2 chief technology officer. "This endeavor will provide unique services via OpenStack to advance research, scholarship and practice for health care and other sectors. The Internet2 community looks forward to using this new open-source resource for high-performance computing." Read more at http://bit.ly/1njkocQ

This spring, the Innova Dash University Electric Vehicle (UEV) made an appearance at the Internet2 Global Summit in Denver, Colorado. Internet2 is coordinating a pilot project to award fully-equipped UEVs to campuses that have both an active program to reduce their carbon footprint, and one or more funded research projects in the area of sustainability. Read more at http://bit.ly/1uAZ04z

Cloud Advisory Council Announces the Formation of Open BigCloud Group

The Cloud Advisory Council, a not-for-profit organization dedicated to develop and enable the next-generation cloud architecture, today announced the formation of the Open BigCloud group. The Open BigCloud group will bring together industry, academia, and research communities to shape the future of open cloud computing and Big Data. Read more at http://bit.ly/1j3xSBZ

Additional news and social media are at NewsFacebookTwitter. Have a great weekend!

Todd

Todd Sedmak
Internet2
PR & Media Relations Manager
Www.internet2.edu

  • [I2-NEWS] Internet2 Community News, Todd Sedmak, 05/09/2014