i2-news - [I2-NEWS] Internet2 Names Former Michigan State CIO and Merit Network Executive David Gift, Associate Vice President, Community Engagement

Subject: News for and about the Internet2 community

  • From: Todd Sedmak <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [I2-NEWS] Internet2 Names Former Michigan State CIO and Merit Network Executive David Gift, Associate Vice President, Community Engagement
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 20:53:25 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Internet2 Names Former Michigan State CIO and Merit Network Executive David Gift, Associate Vice President, Community Engagement

Ann Arbor, Mich.—(Feb. 14, 2014)--Internet2 announced today the appointment of David Gift as Associate Vice President, Community Engagement, effective February 17, 2014. Gift, a former Chief Information Officer at Michigan State and most recently, the former Vice President of Strategic Initiatives for Merit Network, Inc. will be based in Internet2’s Ann Arbor office and will report to Ana Hunsinger, Vice President of Community Engagement. Read more at http://bit.ly/1c7cflt

The changing role of the higher ed CIO

University Business

Gone are the days when university CIOs filled their time with trouble-shooting computer bugs and managing servers. While today’s university IT staff are still technical experts, they are now expected to be much more than on-campus tech support. “CIOs are at the center of a campus conversation about the proper relationship between technology and education,” says Kamalika Sandell, Associate CIO at American University (AU) in Washington, D.C. Read more at http://bit.ly/1hiCslh

Internet2 Powers Up The Cloud

Today’s Campus

Internet2 enables fast, safe and affordable data transmission and collaboration among multiple locations plus cloud services for higher education. Read more at http://todayscampus.uberflip.com/i/233547/31

Happy Valentine's Day!

Todd

Todd Sedmak
Internet2
PR & Media Relations Manager

PS

Don’t forget to register for the Internet2 2014 Global Summit  April 6-10 in Denver Colorado.

  • [I2-NEWS] Internet2 Names Former Michigan State CIO and Merit Network Executive David Gift, Associate Vice President, Community Engagement, Todd Sedmak, 02/14/2014