i2-news - [I2-NEWS] Code42 Delivers Enterprise Endpoint Backup Service to Universities Nationwide through Internet2 NET+ Initiative

Subject: News for and about the Internet2 community

[I2-NEWS] Code42 Delivers Enterprise Endpoint Backup Service to Universities Nationwide through Internet2 NET+ Initiative

  • From: Todd Sedmak <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [I2-NEWS] Code42 Delivers Enterprise Endpoint Backup Service to Universities Nationwide through Internet2 NET+ Initiative
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 13:33:50 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Code42 Delivers Enterprise Endpoint Backup Service to Universities Nationwide through Internet2 NET+ Initiative

Arizona State, Naval Postgraduate School, Notre Dame, Stanford, University of Texas and University of Washington successfully pilot cloud-based endpoint backup

Minneapolis–-Sept. 17, 2013-–Code42, developers of award-winning, private and public cloud-based endpoint backup solutions for consumersbusinesses and the enterprise, today announced it is providing CrashPlan enterprise endpoint backup services to universities nationwide through Internet2's NET+ Initiative.

As a member-owned, advanced technology community consisting of more than 245 U.S. universities, Internet2 provides a collaborative environment for members to solve common technology challenges and develop innovative solutions. CrashPlan PROe's inclusion in the NET+ service portfolio benefits Internet2 members via pre-negotiated contractual terms and the assurance PROe has met the rigorous technology standards set forth by Internet2.

Before the university community adopted CrashPlan as part of NET+, six Internet2-member universities validated and successfully piloted it: Arizona State University, Naval Postgraduate School, Stanford University, University of Notre Dame, University of Texas at Austin and University of Washington. Several other universities are engaged in CrashPlan trials and evaluations.

"In higher ed, everything we do is continuously enhanced by mobile technologies. So, it's essential our information is not only backed up but retrievable from wherever we're working," said Ron Kraemer, vice president and chief information and digital officer at Notre Dame. "Using CrashPlan, we plan to back up devices not persistently connected to our storage infrastructure to fully protect data residing on faculty/staff laptops and desktops."

"Technologies and services included in the Internet2 NET+ Initiative must be cost-effective, easy to access, simple to administer and uniquely suited to the needs of universities and research organizations," said Shel Waggener, senior vice president for Internet2. "CrashPlan delivers on all fronts. It provides deep encryption and proven endpoint data protection at tremendous scale, giving member institutions confidence their important data is securely backed up to secure facilities across Internet2's high-performance research and education network."

"Protecting the intellectual property of tomorrow should be so easy, you can get started today," said Matthew Dornquast, co-founder and chief executive officer of Code42. "With this formalized agreement, Internet2 members can deploy continuous data protection globally, within minutes."

For more information about CrashPlan enterprise endpoint backup, visit www.crashplan.com/enterprise. For universities interested in the Internet2 NET+ CrashPlan offering, email , visithttp://www.internet2.edu/netplus/crashplan or meet Code42 staff in booth #1575 Oct. 15-18, 2013, at the EDUCAUSE 2013 Annual Conference.

About Code42
Code42, a privately held company based in Minneapolis, Minn., has been developing software to protect the world's data since 2001. Code42's enterprise backup solution, CrashPlan PROe, is used by thousands of companies around the world to safeguard their data. The company also offers industry-leading backup software for homes and small businesses: CrashPlan and CrashPlan PRO. All products offer multi-destination, cross-platform backup to both public and managed private clouds. For more information, visit http://www.code42.com.

About Internet2® • www.internet2.edu
Internet2® is a member-owned advanced technology community founded by the nation's leading higher education institutions in 1996. Internet2 provides a collaborative environment for U.S. research and education organizations to solve common technology challenges, and to develop innovative solutions in support of their educational, research, and community service missions.

Internet2 consists of more than 220 U.S. universities, 60 leading corporations, 70 government agencies, 38 regional and state education networks and more than 100 national research and education networking partners representing more than 50 countries. Internet2 offices are located in Ann Arbor, Mich.; Emeryville, Calif.; and Washington, D.C. For more information, visit www.internet2.edu or follow @Internet2 on Twitter.

Media contacts:

Code42:

Lindsey Frey Haberman, 612-372-6449 or

Internet2

Todd Sedmak, 202-331-5373 or

  • [I2-NEWS] Code42 Delivers Enterprise Endpoint Backup Service to Universities Nationwide through Internet2 NET+ Initiative, Todd Sedmak, 09/17/2013