i2-news - [I2-NEWS] Internet2 CEO H. David Lambert Statement Ab out Ohio’s “Light Up” of 100 Gbps High- Speed State Research Network

Subject: News for and about the Internet2 community

  • From: Todd Sedmak <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [I2-NEWS] Internet2 CEO H. David Lambert Statement Ab out Ohio’s “Light Up” of 100 Gbps High- Speed State Research Network
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 12:05:21 -0500 (EST)

Internet2 CEO H. David Lambert Statement About Ohio’s “Light Up” of 100 Gbps
High-Speed State Research Network

Ann Arbor, Mich.—Dec. 11, 2012—Internet2 CEO H. David Lambert today released
the following statement regarding Ohio’s ceremonial network “light up” to 100
Gigabits per second (Gbps) to advance research and job growth across Ohio’s
medical research, higher education, manufacturing, engineering and technology
networking corridors.

"I applaud Ohio Governor Kasich’s announcement about the state’s connection
to the 100 Gbps Internet2 Network and platform that provides the state’s
researchers, students and educators with advanced capabilities,” said
Internet2 President and CEO H. David Lambert. “Our network recently recorded
a real-time transfer of genomic data between China and the United States in
30 seconds rather than the current 24 hours it takes over the commercial
Internet. It's easy to see how U.S. research competitiveness and global
science collaboration in human genomics and other fields will be drastically
enhanced by the Internet2 community’s advanced technologies.

“The new Internet2 Network doesn't just level the playing field. It builds a
completely new one. It does more than enable innovation—it inspires it. I am
excited to hear about the next innovations by Ohio’s researchers and
businesses to advance education, healthcare, and the global economy.”

For more information about Ohio’s upgrade to a 100 Gbps network, go to
https://www.oar.net/press/gov_kasich_light_100gig_broadband_network.

For more details about 100 Gbps Internet2 Network and platform, visit
http://www.internet2.edu/network.

About Internet2

Internet2® is a member-owned advanced technology community founded by the
nation's leading higher education institutions in 1996. Internet2 provides a
collaborative environment for U.S. research and education organizations to
solve common technology challenges, and to develop innovative solutions in
support of their educational, research, and community service missions. For
more information, visit www.internet2.edu.

Media contact: Todd Sedmak, 202-331-5373 or
.

###

Todd Sedmak
Internet2
PR and Media Relations Manager
202-331-5373 (w) or

Visit our website: www.internet2.edu
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/internet2
Become a Fan on Facebook: www.internet2.edu/facebook

  • [I2-NEWS] Internet2 CEO H. David Lambert Statement Ab out Ohio’s “Light Up” of 100 Gbps High- Speed State Research Network, Todd Sedmak, 12/11/2012