i2-news - [I2-NEWS] 2011 Fall Internet2 Member Meeting to Feature Latest Innovations Using the Most Advanced Broadband Network

Subject: News for and about the Internet2 community

[I2-NEWS] 2011 Fall Internet2 Member Meeting to Feature Latest Innovations Using the Most Advanced Broadband Network

  • From: Todd Sedmak <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [I2-NEWS] 2011 Fall Internet2 Member Meeting to Feature Latest Innovations Using the Most Advanced Broadband Network
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 11:09:46 -0400 (EDT)

2011 Fall Internet2 Member Meeting to Feature Latest Innovations Using the Most Advanced Broadband Network

Meeting to showcase impacts of the world’s fastest, advanced broadband network to advance global science, research, education and society

Media Contact: Todd Sedmak, 202-331-5373 or

Ann Arbor, Mich.—Sept. 22, 2011—The Fall 2011 Internet2 Member Meeting, which will be held Monday, Oct. 3 to Thursday, Oct. 6 at the Raleigh, N.C. Convention Center, will highlight the latest developments of the world’s most advanced broadband network to advance global science, research, education and society. A complete meeting and video schedule can be found on the Fall 2011 Internet2 Member Meeting website

“Google, Facebook and other innovations to conduct our personal lives started at universities and research communities with high performance broadband networks,” said Dave Lambert, President and CEO of Internet2. “Event speakers and sessions will bring to life how the next generation of broadband technology will impact our lives and the Internet of the future.”

The Fall 2011 Internet2 Member Meeting will feature three major sessions out of 130 about the most advanced broadband network and its impact on research, education, public safety, advanced network services, cybersecurity, and society. Dave Lambert, President and CEO of Internet2 will make strategic announcements on Tuesday, Oct. 4. Matthew Szulik, former Chairman and CEO of Red Hat; Janet Cowell, State Treasurer for the State of North Carolina; Holden Thorp, Chancellor of University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; and John Bardo, former Chancellor of Western Carolina University, will explain broadband technology as an innovative driver in society on Wednesday, Oct. 5. Greg Fishel, chief meteorologist for Raleigh’s WRAL-TV5, will discuss technology and weather forecasts on Thursday, Oct. 6.

The Fall 2011 Internet2 Member Meeting will be hosted by MCNC, operators of the North Carolina Research and Education Network (NCREN). The Meeting will be held in conjunction with the NCREN Community Day 2011

About Internet2

Internet2 is the world’s most advanced networking consortium for global researchers and scientists who develop breakthrough Internet technologies and applications and spark tomorrow’s essential innovations. Internet2, led by the research and education community, consists of more than 350 U.S. universities; corporations; government agencies; laboratories; higher learning; and other major national, regional and state research and education networks; and organizations representing more than 50 countries.

To UNsubscribe, send an e-mail to  **from the address you
subscribed with** with the following message in the subject: unsubscribe i2-news

Todd Sedmak
Internet2
Communications Manager
202-331-5373

  • [I2-NEWS] 2011 Fall Internet2 Member Meeting to Feature Latest Innovations Using the Most Advanced Broadband Network, Todd Sedmak, 09/22/2011