i2-news - [I2-NEWS] Wainhouse Research Joins Internet2

Subject: News for and about the Internet2 community

[I2-NEWS] Wainhouse Research Joins Internet2

  • From: Ryan Bass <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [I2-NEWS] Wainhouse Research Joins Internet2
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 15:27:51 -0400

Wainhouse Research Joins Internet2

Organizations to work together on research initiatives, and promote collaboration technologies for research and higher education

ANN ARBOR, Mich. and DUXBURY, Mass. – July 7, 2011 - Internet2 announced today that it has formed a pilot membership with market research firm Wainhouse Research. Through the relationship, Wainhouse Research will become an Internet2 Industry Member, and will work with Internet2’s advanced networking community to provide key industry analyst insights and opportunities for joint research of collaborative technologies.

"Wainhouse Research has worked with Internet2 informally for years and has researched its use cases and specifically its Sponsored Educational Group Participant (SEGP) program that has provided access to the advanced applications enabled by the Internet2 Network to thousands of K-12 schools, museums, libraries, art galleries, and hospitals in the past decade.

"As an Industry Member, we look forward to working with Internet2 more formally to promote a better understanding of collaborative technologies in the higher education community and the commercial marketplace,'' said Alan Greenberg, senior analyst, partner and manager of Wainhouse Research's distance education and e-Learning practice.  "Unified communications, lecture capture, user-generated content, and other video- and data-centric technologies are critical issues on the minds of university chief information and academic officers around the world.  The role of an analyst firm like Wainhouse Research is to help organizations adapt to the very high rate of change they’re experiencing today.''

Over the coming months Internet2 members will be offered opportunities to hear Wainhouse Research analysts at in-person and online events, and subscribe to actionable Wainhouse Research services at special educational rates. Further, the Internet2 community will participate in a tailored higher education research project that will better clarify emerging technology trends to develop and deploy highly optimized advanced applications more effectively. In reciprocal fashion, Wainhouse Research will further introduce Internet2 and its rich legacy of accomplishments to the Wainhouse Research readership and community.

One of the strongest values of the Internet2 community is its commitment to the exploration and development of leading edge Internet technology.  Internet2 thus provides an expedited life cycle path from idea to inception to research and commercialization of advanced network and cyberinfrastructure technologies. The Internet2 community provides Wainhouse Research innovative partnership opportunities and a test bed for examining future cloud- and premises-based services and capabilities.

"Strong engagement with industry leaders like Wainhouse Research has become a key strategic focus area for Internet2.  These partnerships play a critical role in transferring technology developed within the Internet2 community into the commercial marketplace ensuring long lasting impacts not only for our membership but for consumers and businesses alike,” said Ana Hunsinger, Internet2 Executive Director of Member Relations and Communications. "We look forward to beginning our collaboration with Wainhouse Research and the benefits it will bring to our community."

About Internet2
Internet2 is an advanced networking consortium led by the research and education community. An exceptional partnership spanning U.S. and international institutions who are leaders in the worlds of research, academia, industry and government, Internet2 is developing breakthrough cyberinfrastructure technologies that support the most exacting applications of today—and spark the most essential innovations of tomorrow. Led by its members and focused on their current and future networking needs since 1996, Internet2 blends its human, IP and optical networks to develop and deploy revolutionary Internet technologies. Activating the same partnerships that produced today’s Internet, the Internet2 community is forging the Internet of the future. For more information, see http://www.internet2.edu.

About Wainhouse Research
Wainhouse Research analyzes the market trends, technologies/products, vendors, applications, and related services in the distance education and e-Learning, Unified Communications, and rich media conferencing fields.  The firm offers four in-depth subscription services covering distance education and e-Learning, visual communications, web collaboration, and unified communications technologies; publishes a free news bulletinwhite papers, and research studies; produces industry events; and provides related consulting services.  Alan D. Greenberg was named an Outstanding Leadership award winner by the U.S. Distance Learning Association in 2010.

# # #

CONTACT:

Internet2
Ryan Bass
202-331-5342

Wainhouse Research
Alan D. Greenberg
+1-512-451-4088

  • [I2-NEWS] Wainhouse Research Joins Internet2, Ryan Bass, 07/06/2011