i2-news - [I2-NEWS] Gluu Becomes InCommon Affiliate

Subject: News for and about the Internet2 community

[I2-NEWS] Gluu Becomes InCommon Affiliate

  • From: Dean Woodbeck <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [I2-NEWS] Gluu Becomes InCommon Affiliate
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 10:18:57 -0400

Gluu Becomes InCommon Affiliate

ANN ARBOR, Michigan – September 22, 2010 – Gluu, a company dedicated to
making it easier for organizations to implement federated identity, has
become an InCommon Affiliate.

InCommon is the U.S. trust federation in higher education and is an operating
unit of Internet2. Through InCommon, higher education institutions and their
partners offer access to contracted and collaborative services – in a
privacy- and security-enhanced method – to faculty, researchers, students and
staff. The Affiliate Program provides the research and education community
with a way to connect with Affiliate partners, who are able to help build the
necessary underlying infrastructure on campus that supports federated access.

“We welcome Gluu’s experience in identity management,” said John Krienke,
chief operating officer of InCommon. “It comes at a time of great growth and
interest in federated identity management infrastructure and they provide a
key partnership link for higher education participants.”

Gluu’s Federated Identity Appliance, based on Shibboleth Federated Single
Sign-on Software and identity virtualization, is an on-premise or cloud
solution monitored 24×7 and supported by Gluu. The appliance includes a
web-based dashboard, can be deployed quickly, and addresses all the
installation and operational issues of an organizational federated identity
service at a predictable annual cost.

"We are excited to participate as an affiliate member of InCommon,” said
Michael Schwartz, chief executive officer of Gluu. “Higher education
institutions are at the cutting edge of federation technology and are setting
the bar for scalable, secure solutions that also protect people’s privacy.
Gluu’s goals are mutually aligned with InCommon. Our solutions are focused
on providing simplified and scalable access and identity management solutions
for new and existing InCommon participants."

For more information about InCommon, as well as a list of current affiliates,
go to www.incommon.org/affiliate.

ABOUT GLUU
Gluu is a San Antonio, Texas, based managed service provider. The company’s
flagship service is the Gluu Federated Identity Appliance. The service offers
organizations turnkey management of their federation service. The appliance
is based on the Shibboleth open source federation software, XRI identifiers,
and Gluu federated LDAP directory services. For more information, visit
www.gluu.org.

ABOUT InCommon
The InCommon Federation, operated by Internet2, provides a
privacy-preserving, secure method for higher education institutions and their
partners to offer single sign-on convenience to their faculty, researchers,
students and staff. Through InCommon, individuals no longer need to maintain
multiple passwords and usernames and online service providers no longer need
to maintain user accounts. The educational institution manages the level of
privacy and security for its constituents. For more information, see
www.incommon.org.

  • [I2-NEWS] Gluu Becomes InCommon Affiliate, Dean Woodbeck, 09/22/2010