Subject: News for and about the Internet2 community
Internet2 to Extend Leading-Edge Networking to SC08
- From: Greg Wood <>
- Subject: Internet2 to Extend Leading-Edge Networking to SC08
- Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 09:39:37 -0400
INTERNET2 TO EXTEND LEADING-EDGE NETWORKING TO SC08
SCinet, the very high-performance network built each year to support the SC Conference, pushes the advanced networking envelope to enable some of the most demanding and cutting-edge applications in the world. Preparation for SC08, the annual international conference for high performance computing, networking, storage and analysis to be held in Austin, Texas on 15-21 November 2008, is currently underway.
Internet2 is collaborating with the SCinet committee, in partnership with the Lonestar Education and Research Network (LEARN) and its members in Texas, to support the networking requirements of participants and exhibitors at SC08. Internet2 will provide connectivity to its IP and dynamic circuit networks, as well as a limited number of dedicated WaveCo circuits. Current plans include:
* 20 Gbps of service to the advanced Internet2 IP Network
* 10 Gbps of service to the Internet2 Dynamic Circuit Network (DCN)
* A limited number of additional Internet2 WaveCo circuits to support specific applications
Exhibitors that expect to make significant use of either the Internet2 IP or DCN services, or would like more information about dedicated WaveCo circuits, are encouraged to contact the Internet2 network services team as soon as possible at:
Additional information about Internet2 at SC08 is available at:
For more information on the SCinet call for circuits, please visit:
- Internet2 to Extend Leading-Edge Networking to SC08, Greg Wood, 05/30/2008
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.