Subject: News for and about the Internet2 community
Grid Application Workshop: Early registration ends November 22
- From: Mary Fran Yafchak <>
- Cc: Mary Fran Yafchak <>
- Subject: Grid Application Workshop: Early registration ends November 22
- Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 14:07:04 -0500
To all those interested in the effective planning and deployment of grid applications -
The 2nd SURA Cyberinfrastructure workshop focused on Grid Application Planning & Implementation will be held December 6 - 8, 2005 at the Texas Advanced Computing Center (TACC), UT Austin.
** Early registration ends Nov. 22 - affordable at $125, thanks to the support of our sponsors! **
Registration, Agenda, and Travel info: http://www1.sura.org/6000/gridworkshopDec05.html
This workshop is benefiting from the participation of several industry
* Cisco Systems, Inc. (Platinum sponsor)
* SUN Microsystems (Silver sponsor)
* United Devices, Inc. (Silver sponsor)
* IBM Corporation (Silver sponsor)
The content and format are designed to address the application of grid technology for the advancement of all areas of science.
A "minds-on and hands-on" technical workshop, Grid Technology: The Rough Guide, will be offered immediately following the main workshop for an additional registration fee of $75 (early registration) - http://www1.sura.org/6000/TechAgendaDec05.html.
Join both experts and peers for presentations and interaction to -
* extend your understanding of grid concepts and applicability to advanced applications;
* gain insight into a broad range of applications that are benefiting from grids;
* share recommendations and road maps for successful grid application deployment;
* establish contacts for ongoing collaboration and peer support.
Presentations from major grid initiatives will illuminate the broader uses of grids, followed by case studies of "grid-enabling" applications. Interactive breakouts will offer a closer look at key issues, and select related topics will provide additional context for implementation - all designed to leave you better prepared to move ahead with grid application development or deployment.
This workshop is appropriate for:
- Faculty and researchers to learn more about grids and project groups beginning to use grids;
- Application developers to better understand implementation considerations for running on a grid;
- Funding agencies to disseminate information on funding opportunities;
- Strategic planners to learn more about the "climate" of grid application deployment
- Research officers to understand the "language of grids";
- Campus teams (IT, application, policy, funding) working collaboratively on grid deployment.
- Grid Application Workshop: Early registration ends November 22, Mary Fran Yafchak, 11/11/2005
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.