i2-news - I2-NEWS: New Version of the Internet2 Detective Now Available

Subject: News for and about the Internet2 community

I2-NEWS: New Version of the Internet2 Detective Now Available

  • From: Michelle Pollak <>
  • To:
  • Subject: I2-NEWS: New Version of the Internet2 Detective Now Available
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 10:36:23 -0400

NEW VERSION OF THE INTERNET2 DETECTIVE NOW AVAILABLE

Internet2 Detective version 2.20, a small easy to install and use application that reveals your computer's networking abilities, is now available. Incorporating improvements suggested by feedback from the Internet2 community, this version of the Detective enables you to determine:

+ if a computer can access an Internet2 backbone network
+ whether a computer can receive multicast streaming media,and
+ what bandwidth is available between any two computers that have the Detective installed.

The Internet2 Detective is available for Microsoft Windows 98/2000/XP and as a test version for Mac OS X.

What can your network do?

Download the Internet2 Detective at: http://detective.internet2.edu/.