i2-news - I2-NEWS: SDSC 10 Gigabit Ethernet User Conference

Subject: News for and about the Internet2 community

I2-NEWS: SDSC 10 Gigabit Ethernet User Conference

  • From: Greg Wood <>
  • To:
  • Subject: I2-NEWS: SDSC 10 Gigabit Ethernet User Conference
  • Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 11:02:40 -0400

Announcing the 10 Gigabit Ethernet User Conference in San Diego on October 31st and November 1st, 2002. The workshop is sponsored by the National Science Foundation and the 10 Gigabit Ethernet Alliance, and will be hosted at the San Diego Supercomputer Center (SDSC). The event will build on the success of the first such conference, held a year ago at SDSC.

This conference follows immediately after the Internet2 Member Meeting, which occurs earlier in the week in LA. Complimentary shuttle service from LA to SDSC is under consideration for those that may want to go directly from the member meeting to the conference at SDSC. If you are interested in such shuttle service, please send email to .

The 10 Gigabit Ethernet User Conference at SDSC is specifically designed to bring together academia, industry, and users of 10 Gigabit Ethernet to share information on:

+ The role of 10 Gigabit Ethernet in Metropolitan Area Networking

+ User case studies presented by companies and organizations that have
implemented 10 Gigabit Ethernet in data center, LAN, Metro, and WAN
environments

+ Panel discussion on achieving maximum performance of 10 Gigabit Ethernet

+ Panel discussion with industry analyst on technical and market drivers for 10 Gigabit Ethernet

+ 10 Gig E vendor showcase

You can register for this event at http://www.sdsc.edu/10GigE. Although
there is no charge to attend, attendance is limited to the first confirmed 300 registrants.

Contact:
Kevin Walsh
Director - California Next Generation
Internet Development Center