i2-news - I2-NEWS: Internet2 Detective Reveals Networking Capabilities

Subject: News for and about the Internet2 community

I2-NEWS: Internet2 Detective Reveals Networking Capabilities

  • From: Greg Wood <>
  • To:
  • Subject: I2-NEWS: Internet2 Detective Reveals Networking Capabilities
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 09:36:01 -0400

INTERNET2 DETECTIVE REVEALS NETWORKING CAPABILTIES
First Public Release Now Available

The Internet2 Detective is a small, easy to install and use Microsoft Windows(R) application that lets you know:

+ if a computer can access an Internet2 backbone network
+ how much bandwidth is available
+ whether you can receive multicast streaming media

A small icon in the lower right corner of the desktop indicates at-a-glance the capabilities of a computer's network connection.

Double clicking the icon reveals more detailed information through a menu-driven graphical user interface.

What can your network do?

Download the Internet2 Detective at:
http://detective.internet2.edu/

Contact: